Author Topic: What Sucked at Celebration IV?  (Read 6679 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: What Sucked at Celebration IV?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 09:11 PM »
I actually like that figure.  I am not going to buy it.  I know nothing about him other than a few comic pics that have been posted.  I like that you can stick the lightsaber in him.  It kind of gives me hope they might make Qui-Gon Jinn that you will be able to stab him with Maul's lightsaber.  I admit he kind of belongs in some Asian themed film like The Last Samurai or something like it.  Hey, if people want that giant rabbit Jaxxon or whatever his/her name is from the Marvel comics there should be no complaining about this one :) 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 02:57 PM »
Mr. T joined Star wars I was unaware of this.

I do not care much for this Titan AE look on Mr.T and Butler Swan but like everything else 3.75 i will buy a set. I may buy and extra set and pops the heads off to make normal versions.

Things that did not get me too excited:
1. concept Grevious. I agree with making an accurate one first then go to concept stage.
2. Rebel Vanguard could have been cool if they used a different head with body. I wonder if they will use the white head too like the endor trooper.
3. Orange clone. Enoughs enough. I would have rather have scene the Grey corascaunt one instead.
4. MQ Snowtrooper.

I loved everything else. My top 5 are:

1. Yoda/Kybuck
2. Roran
3. Han with Rack
4. Hermie
5. Y-wing
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Things that did not get me too excited:

4. MQ Snowtrooper.

Funny.  That was one of my favorite things they showed.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 1, 2007, 12:10 AM »
Yeah man, you're nuts on that one Jack! :)

I haven't seen a McFigure I didn't like so far actually...  Which is sorta shocking to me because the McTrooper (original) was probably not one I was wild about at the time.  He's still my lowest rank just because he's a lower quality compared to others, but yeah I've been pretty stoked about the rest of the McFigures, and Chewbacca/Snowtrooper are really coming in as favorites of mine.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 1, 2007, 03:54 PM »
I can't imagine your area was the only one that didn't have a GG figure in some form or another on the pegs pretty routinely Artoo...  I dunno how many stores you check though either.  Everywhere I went in 2005 he was around, and he repacks from '06 weren't difficult to come across around here either...  I think he's a liked character, no doubt, but I wouldn't liken him to Fett in the slightest in terms of popularity...  Closer to Maul, though even Maul had a lot more hype around him by comparison.
I've seen him, but never in huge numbers like Anakin or Obi. I didn't mean by popularity, but that we'll buy Grievous. Or maybe Hasbro's just holding off for a SA, accurate size Grievous.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m