Author Topic: Family Guy Star Wars  (Read 38437 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Family Guy Star Wars
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Finally watched it when it aired on FOX last night.  I thought it was pretty good overall. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2010, 11:25 AM »
Finally watched it when it aired on FOX last night.  I thought it was pretty good overall.  

I HATE Family Guy, but watched last night because of the Star Wars theme. This is their second SW episode. The first was ANH and this was ESB. Loved the "nailing the electical wires to the snow" line. The "robot camels" were pretty hilarious too.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:29 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2010, 12:41 PM »
The uncensored version is damn funny too, especially the **** you line from Han/Carlos Spicy Weiner/Peter.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2010, 10:39 PM »
I actually didn't care for it that much, there were a few funny moments, but I found the vast majority of it was the same tired Family Guy jokes that they keep using over and over again in the regular series, with a Star Wars theme. Like the AT-AT banging it's knee for example. They've used that same joke how many times now? There were a few original laughs but overall I thought it was kinda meh, didn't like it that much, but didn't really hate it either.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2010, 12:18 AM »
I would suggest watching the dvd version...they cut a lot out of the televised version.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2010, 01:30 PM »
I was wondering if there was a bunch removed. From what I'd read it was way too raunchy to make broadcast according to a lot of people. I also found it odd that they had the Chicken in there and a huge brawl didn't break out.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2010, 01:33 PM »
I also found it odd that they had the Chicken in there and a huge brawl didn't break out.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Peter and the chicken scrapped in the dvd version.  I just remember Peter commenting on how sweet it was that the chicken was Boba Fett.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2010, 06:17 PM »
All that happened between the giant chicken and Peter was when Boba Fett rounded the corner Peter said, "Ha!  The giant chicken's Boba Fett." and that was it.

I expect they'll save the overly long fight for the ROTJ episode.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2010, 02:15 PM »
A couple of trailers for the upcoming "It's a Trap", for anyone interested.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2010, 03:17 AM »
It's a Trap! hits tomorrow and I'll probably end up picking it up since I have some last minute Christmas shopping to do.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2010, 11:07 PM »
Got a chance to watch this last night, and it's easily the weakest of the bunch. They even admit it in the opening scrawl, but that doesn't mean it's not funny. Laughed quite a few times, specifically at the conversation about Seth Green, and the teaser at the Prequel trilogy being made. There's also a segment where Peter gets sick of the "cuteness" and makes everything more violent.

If you can get it for under $15, definitely check it out
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2010, 12:13 PM »
I picked up the BD Trilogy earlier in the week for $22.99.  No clue why there's 6 discs in there, but I guess I'll find out in the coming weeks.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Picked up "Its a Trap" this weekend as well, namely for the sake of completeness for the Family Guy Star Wars trilogy.  I agree it was the weakest of the three, but there were certainly some funny moments and its always fun to see what Family Guy or spin-off show characters they make into the various SW characters.  I guess my favorite gag would have had to have been when the dead emperor fell on the Falcon as it sped through the Death Star tunnel - my brother and I had joked about that happening for years and Seth McFarland finally made it happen :P

The Seth Green insults were funny as well ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 2, 2011, 08:32 AM »
Picked up "Its a Trap" this weekend as well, namely for the sake of completeness for the Family Guy Star Wars trilogy.  I agree it was the weakest of the three, but there were certainly some funny moments and its always fun to see what Family Guy or spin-off show characters they make into the various SW characters.  I guess my favorite gag would have had to have been when the dead emperor fell on the Falcon as it sped through the Death Star tunnel - my brother and I had joked about that happening for years and Seth McFarland finally made it happen :P

The Seth Green insults were funny as well ;)

Unfortunately, the gag worked better in the most recent Robot Chicken Star Wars special.

At least they admitted it up front that they knew the ROTJ parody was the weakest of the bunch.

My favorite gag was when they made fun of the Yoda death scene, how he keeps repeating "Luke" at the beginning of each of his sentences. Chris' responses to each "Luke" got better and better, I think my favorites were "Still haven't gone anywhere" and "Only four inches away..."

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #89 on: January 7, 2011, 02:59 AM »
This year at the San Diego big bay balloon parade we marched with the Darth Stewie balloon and it got caught on a tree so we had to cut the light saber off of him. we also lost control of it a bit because of high winds and a fifty year old man got tea bagged by Stewie. when we got the balloon up he was laying on the ground all scared. It was fun. Got some footage.http://www.10news.com/news/26320302/detail.html

He's no good to me open