Author Topic: Just a thought  (Read 4534 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Just a thought
« on: January 24, 2003, 09:04 AM »
Ok
 we all know that at some time the Jedi will be wiped out wwith the exception of Obi-Wan and Yoda but do you think there is a possiability that some maybe only a few would also follow Anakin into the empire?? There is the chance that some are disenchanted with the jedi order.

The Royal Guard possably could have dark jedi couldn't it? maybe not I am not familiar with there origins off the top of my head. Also Nikto is that the same Nikto from Jabbas palace?  T
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Kobal

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re:Just a thought
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 12:20 AM »
Also Nikto is that the same Nikto from Jabbas palace?

I assume you're referring here to the Nikto Jedi in the Geonosian arena that was also made into an action figure.  The answer is likely no, as Nikto is a species, not a name.  Why that one character out of all of the background characters in AOTC is the only one apparently unnamed is beyond me.  It's possible that the character was named after Hasbro manufactured and packaged the figures, but if so, I'm unaware of any name attached to the character.

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 06:15 AM »
I would be inclined to quote Tarkin to answer this question;
"The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe.
You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion."

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 12:07 PM »
I believe there is a Clone Wars comic about Mace Windu coming out soon that talks about the Jedi Order and many of them either not wanting to fight or losing faith in the Jedi Order and they do abandon them and join Dooku's forces. Obviously, they do not live through the clone wars and so while they disbanded, they did not live to see the birth of the Empire.

I also think a question to ask is that the Jedi are more about keeping the peace and preventing conflict. They are diplomats of a sort. The arena battle was to rescue their fellow Jedi, but it was also an act that brought about a war. Maybe they should've been more covert in their rescue attempt... I guess it wouldn't make for a good movie that way though. To start a war that ends up killing a lot of people for the lives of only a few does not seem very 'Jedi' like. You'd assume they would've known the consequences of their actions and sacrificed the few to save the many...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
Re: Just a thought
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2003, 09:21 AM »
the war was going to happen anyway. The jedi rescuing their friends didn't like... construct it, it just gave it and time and place to happen...
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode