Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2007  (Read 42831 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2007
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2007, 11:26 PM »
Stayin' alive Rob!  Giants driving and at the 40 with a 1st down and 8 minutes to go.

You ain't dead just yet.

I saw that the Giants were in the red-zone, so I grabbed the remote and flipped the TV back on, and by the time I turned it over to the right channel, the Skins had the ball back.

::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2007, 11:39 AM »
Stayin' alive Rob!  Giants driving and at the 40 with a 1st down and 8 minutes to go.

You ain't dead just yet.

I saw that the Giants were in the red-zone, so I grabbed the remote and flipped the TV back on, and by the time I turned it over to the right channel, the Skins had the ball back.

::)

You still need to root against A-Pete and Chester Taylor racking up 18 or more points tonight, so your girlfriend can advance to the semis.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2007, 11:57 AM »
I need to do that for more reasons then one.  I've got a 35 point lead in the RS league - and it's a money league.  And I'm against AP and the Viking's Defense.

(in that league 35 points isn't as much as it is in ours)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2007, 12:06 PM »
I need to do that for more reasons then one.  I've got a 35 point lead in the RS league - and it's a money league.  And I'm against AP and the Viking's Defense.

(in that league 35 points isn't as much as it is in ours)

Then for you and me both, let's hope the Vikiings D doesn't have interceptions, fumble recoveries, and TD's up the ass likey they did against the Giants in week 12.

Oh ****, is Sexy Rexy starting?  :o :'(

EDIT: Just checked, it's 3rd stringer Kyle Orton.  Grossman's out with a knee injury.  I don't know if that's good or not.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 12:12 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2007, 12:56 PM »
It's probably very very bad that Orton is starting.  He was never very good to begin with, and has barely played in 2 years.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2007, 12:24 AM »
Shades of last season... I outscore everyone, except for the team I'm playing.   :'(

I hate to have to count on Marin to beat you Dressel.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2007, 06:41 AM »
Shades of last season... I outscore everyone, except for the team I'm playing.   :'(

I hate to have to count on Marin to beat you Dressel.

My Y! scoreboard is stuck as of right now at 6:30 AM EST on our playoff scores before MNF, but from what I can tell, Taylor and APete accrued about 19 points, which means Marin is history as well, losing by 1 point.

Gotta wait for Y! to update to make it official.

EDIT:  Marin won by 1/2 point.  I'm excited, I was less thrilled about having to face A-Pete and Peyton next week.  Plus now I get to avenge that OT Favre bomb to Jennings  :D

Another interesting note - all 3 of the top seeds were bounced round 1.  You can't predict these things.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:02 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Indeed - a bad weather storm moving through the northeast essentially wiped out teams relying on Anderson and Brady and Moss.

Romo has no excuse - Jessica Simpson watching or not.   >:(

The irony here is that I think I'd have eeked out a win if I'd just started Jeff Garcia.   ::)

And thankfully, I edged out a win in the Rebelscum money league - I've got a 3 seed there and am up against a 2 seed.  But losing Fargas isn't helpful. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Just checked my team from last week for the heck of it.  I scored enough points to beat everyone except Dressel, Rob and Jim.  Had Westbrook gone in for the TD, I'd have outscored everyone.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 23, 2007, 07:20 PM »
JD Fantasy Football Superbowl history:

I  : Chuckles defeats ?? (help me fill in the ?, I wasn't in that league)
II : Rob defeats Nicklab
III: Kevin defeats Scott
IV: Dressel defeats Brian

And now....

JD Fantasy Football Superbowl V:

Dressel vs. Ryan - Sunday, December 30th
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 07:28 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2007, 07:35 PM »
I'd like to go on the record that I"m doubly disappointed with last week's shennagins.  If I'd just had an extra 4 points and won, I'd have steamrolled through this week (with my 88 points...) and would be facing Dressel in a match-up of epic proportions.  Damn 8-seed being the ONLY team I didn't outscore...

I'm going to be a very sore loser this year... since my team completely kicked ass and continues to do so in the consolation bracket.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2007, 07:40 PM »
I'd like to go on the record that I"m doubly disappointed with last week's shennagins.  If I'd just had an extra 4 points and won, I'd have steamrolled through this week (with my 88 points...) and would be facing Dressel in a match-up of epic proportions.  Damn 8-seed being the ONLY team I didn't outscore...

I'm going to be a very sore loser this year... since my team completely kicked ass and continues to do so in the consolation bracket.

It would have been fun, but as it turns out a lot of your stars will likely be on the pine for Week 17.  But I'd have had a chance to avenge my loss in the semifinals to you the year you won in 2004.  I was just 1 game away from the Superbowl that year too.

This would have been some week of trashtalking though, from one end of the site to the other.

I wasn't in the league the first season, who did Chuckles beat? 

Guess I'll sit Gates tomorrow night to make sure he doesn't lose 3 fumbles.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 07:42 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 24, 2007, 01:21 AM »
I don't know who Chuckles played... the year I won was my first year in the league.

Shame we're not getting the kick ass match-up, but you're right, I'd have been without Romo, Moss, Clark, maybe Holmes, possibly Crayton... Grant will probably sit.  It'd have been a joke.  Even Brandon Jacobs might sit since the Giants are locked into the 5 seed (I think).

I think that next year I'll be in favor of moving the championship up a week - I'm sure we can get enough support for that.  Additionally, I might suggest 6 playoff teams.  I don't think an 8th place team should get the chance to knock off a #1 - and yes, that's probably mostly because I'm bitter of the way it shook out in the first round.  If we'd had 6 teams, I'd have been on a bye, cruised through this week and we'd be playing next week for all the marbles.

At least it looks like we'll get plenty of good trash talking in though, the Giants are coming to Tampa for the WC round.   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 24, 2007, 03:01 AM »

I think that next year I'll be in favor of moving the championship up a week - I'm sure we can get enough support for that.  Additionally, I might suggest 6 playoff teams.  I don't think an 8th place team should get the chance to knock off a #1 - and yes, that's probably mostly because I'm bitter of the way it shook out in the first round.  If we'd had 6 teams, I'd have been on a bye, cruised through this week and we'd be playing next week for all the marbles.

I disagree with a first round bye.  I also disagree with changing the playoff structure in any way.  It's part of the way the game is played.  And yes, you're right, it's coming across as purely being bitter at the moment.  If we had switched it, you'd have had a bye, two more people would have been not paying attention and you still might have lost.  You lost thanks to the weather.  Do you really think it's fair to get a bye week on that basis ::)

Fantasy sports is a total crap shoot that requires some knowledge and some management.  If you guys really think you're that frickin' smart about sports, well, give me a ******* break.  You might be knowledgeable, but it's part draft, part, part waiver, huge freaking part luck. 

At the start of the season everyone was mostly down on Moss.  He was a cancer.  Oops. 
You gook Romo in the 7th round and complained in the draft that I had taken Rivers when you wanted him.  Let me put it to you this way: if Rivers had played as well as last year or I had taken Romo, you wouldn't even be in this situation to complain about.  It's_a_crap_shoot.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 24, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Tell me something I don't know.   :) 

I suggested 6 teams for two reasons.  One is because I'm bitter.  But there's more to it then that.  The assertion that 8 teams is part of the game isn't really true, that's just how we've run it here.  The other leagues I play in don't have 8 team playoffs in 12 team leagues.  The way we do it, a team or two with losing records gets in - no real sports league lets 2/3rds of the teams into its post season.

It's not a big deal either way, just some ideas to consider.