Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2007  (Read 42805 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2007
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2007, 11:49 PM »
Anyone care to explain the veto of a trade that Rob's Girl's Dad proposed to me out of the blue, that I accepted?

I want to know who vetoed this and why.

Rob's Girl's Dad formulated this trade without any influence from me, to unload his WR with multiple injuries and a concussion for a running back of equal rank according to our scoring settings

I logged into Yahoo Monday, saw the trade, and accepted it.  No discussion of any kind.

That's a fair trade, yet 4 of you vetoed it.  I have let every trade go through so far, even the ones that I did not like.  I think whoever did this owes us some kind of explanation.  And there's no Famine copouts this time.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 12:12 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 1, 2007, 12:24 AM »
What was the trade offer?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 1, 2007, 12:56 AM »
What was the trade offer?

The Cranes (Patrick) offered me Laveranues Coles for Derrick Ward and I accepted it.

They have a Yahoo! rank that's about equal and it should not have been vetoed.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 1, 2007, 01:07 AM »
I can comfortably say not I. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 1, 2007, 03:05 AM »
The Cranes (Patrick) offered me Laveranues Coles for Derrick Ward and I accepted it.

They have a Yahoo! rank that's about equal and it should not have been vetoed.

He confused Derrick Ward for Brandon Jacobs and did not want to trade Coles for an injured back-up.  He asked me what he might be able to do to correct this mistake.

Since it was an accident, he just voted against the trade, as did I, and it was enough to cancel it.  That seemed easier than sending emails off to the commish asking him if there was anything he could do.

In any event, none of that was done to pick a fight or make anyone mad - I hope it's not going to create an incident.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 04:01 AM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 1, 2007, 06:00 AM »

He confused Derrick Ward for Brandon Jacobs and did not want to trade Coles for an injured back-up.  He asked me what he might be able to do to correct this mistake.

He "confused Ward for Brandon Jacobs"?

Okay so let me get this straight, what he really did then was not offer me a banged up, calf-strained concussed 6th round WR in Coles for a backup RB of equal rank in Ward; instead he attempted to give me Coles for a popular 1st round RB in Brandon Jacobs?

He must think we're a league full of morons to try to offer Laveranues Coles for a premier top 12 draft pick.

And here I was thinking that he simply had a change of heart when he heard that Coles might actually play this week after the concussion.  Probably because that's what most likely happened.

In any event, none of that was done to pick a fight or make anyone mad - I hope it's not going to create an incident.

It's not going to create an incident.  But I think you might post an inquiry as well if you were about go drop Ward that morning as I was, saw a trade you wanted, accepted it, and in the meantime the WR in Brandon Stokley that you were going to drop Ward for was taken via free agency.

Coles (or Stokley) was gonna be my flex play this week and now I'm double screwed.

All because someone thought they were ripping me off with a banged up 6th round wideout, for my elite top 12 fantasy pick.

Mmmmmkay then.  Moving right along I guess.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 1, 2007, 08:05 AM »
I don't know what your scoring is, but Coles has actually had a pretty good year, hasn't he?  In my Sportsline league, he is the #7 WR with 58 points.  Jacobs is the #30 RB with just 28 points, though he was injured for several games.  RB's are a little more scarce and it sounds like Pnnington is about to be benched, so I'm not sure that I would have made this trade either, but I don't think he was trying to rip you off.  :-\  Anyone on the free market that you could get for a week?  How about J. Jones from the Packers or R. Brown from Philly?  I just added those guys in other leagues to handle byes, as well as R. White from Atlanta.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 1, 2007, 11:00 AM »
"I don't know what your scoring is, but Coles has actually had a pretty good year, hasn't he? "

Yes, he has - nearly 500 yards and 6 TD's to this point, as compared to 600 yards and 3 TD's for Ward.  On paper it looks like a pretty even trade - until you remember that Ward is now a back-up and Coles is still a #1 wideout.

"All because someone thought they were ripping me off with a banged up 6th round wideout, for my elite top 12 fantasy pick"

Likewise, you probably thought you were ripping him off with a undrafted backup for his stud receiver who banged-up or not, is playing next week and says he's fine.  No one would accuse you of doing anything wrong accepting a trade that was offered or inquiring about what happened for it to be dead, but it's not like you probably saw that and thought to yourself that it was a fair deal that would benefit both parties.  Patrick has started Coles at his flex spot for the last 5 straight weeks - what would he have done with Ward?

In any event, like I said - it was just an honest mistake, Patrick didn't mean to make that particular trade, realized the error last evening, and hoped to not lose a solid #1 receiver for a back-up RB because of a dumb error.   There's really nothing else to it.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 11:33 AM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 1, 2007, 01:04 PM »
Cool now that he tried to obtain Brandon "Derrick Ward" Jacobs for a concussed, calf-strained 6th round pick Coles, perhaps he'll take a stab at trying to get Larry Johnson or LaDainian Tomlinson for Coles instead.

Likewise, you probably thought you were ripping him off with a undrafted backup for his stud receiver who banged-up or not, is playing next week and says he's fine. 

No that's a load of bull.  Monday when we consumated the trade, and right up until early yesterday, all we knew was that Coles was concussed and we didn't know if he was going to play this week or at all this season:

***Oct 31 Eric Mangini has confirmed that Coles suffered a concussion in Sunday's loss to the Bills, the Daily News reports. Coles didn't practice Wednesday.
Recommendation: We're not sure what to make of the fact that Mangini didn't do his usual vague injury song and dance, but given the way concussions are treated by the league/teams these days, Coles does not seem like a good bet to play Sunday against the Redskins.***

It's only after he found out that Coles wasn't hurt too bad that he wanted to cancel the trade, and you and your girlfriend were in on it with him.

He did not think Derrick Ward was Brandon Jacobs, and nobody believes that.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 01:15 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 1, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Whatever man - you can try to spin Coles into whatever you want, but he's a solid player and I'd take him in a heartbeat over any receiver on my team not named Moss - and I wouldn't in a million years trade him for Derrick Ward.  Clearly a few other people agreed since at least 2 people other than he and I voted against it.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 01:14 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 1, 2007, 01:16 PM »
Whatever man - you can try to spin Coles into whatever you want, but he's a solid player and I'd take him in a heartbeat over any receiver on my team not named Moss - and I wouldn't in a million years trade him for Derrick Ward.  Clearly a few other people agreed since at least 2 people other than he and I voted against it.

Yeah right, he had second thoughts when it came out that Coles might play again this year, and he got you and your girlfriend and one other person to help him out of the jam.

Nobody believes that he thought Derrick Ward was really Brandon Jacobs.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 1, 2007, 02:00 PM »
Yeah right, he had second thoughts when it came out that Coles might play again this year, and he got you and your girlfriend and one other person to help him out of the jam.

If you knew him at all, you'd laugh at how completely off-base your little accusation is.  Her dad is probably the most honest person I've ever met in my entire life.  He's the exact opposite of conniving or malicious, especially when it comes to something as inconsequential as fantasy football.  When he says it was an accident, there is absolutely no question whatsoever that it was an accident.

You, on the other hand, have a well established track record of being an *******.

Get over yourself.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 04:07 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 1, 2007, 04:15 PM »

If you knew him at all, you'd laugh at how completely off-base your little accusation is.  Her dad is probably the most honest person I've ever met in my entire life.  He's the exact opposite of conniving or malicious, especially when it comes to something as inconsequential as fantasy football.  When he says it was an accident, there is absolutely no question whatsoever that it was an accident.

You, on the other hand, have a well established track record of being an *******.

Get over yourself.

Well, at least you edited out some of the obscentity.  It's a start.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 1, 2007, 04:34 PM »
I should have added some bonus obscenities given the way you just went after a guy who you've never met and pretty much accused him of being as manipulative as you are.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 04:35 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 1, 2007, 05:21 PM »
I should have added some bonus obscenities given the way you just went after a guy who you've never met and pretty much accused him of being as manipulative as you are.

If you're still going to have me believe that he was under the impression that Derrick Ward was Brandon Jacobs, I guess this conversation is over.

How long has he been an NFL fan, 2 weeks?