Author Topic: How Many 30AC Stormtroopers Are In Your Army?  (Read 33807 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: How Many 30AC Stormtroopers Are In Your Army?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 05:52 PM »
3 more the past 2 days and Im at 8. 2 more to go.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 06:04 PM »
I'm up to six now, and I think I'm going to stop now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Doubled up from 3 to 6 today.

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 02:26 AM »
Saw lots of these on the shelves at TRU tonight (with Biggs, Darth, and a few of the Legends figs).

They looked pretty good in person.  I thought the helmet would bug me from the pics, but maybe not.

I have 5 coming in various cases over the next few months (Hasbro is packing this one in heavy rotation so there should be plenty), so I didn't buy any tonight.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 10:56 AM »
I ripped mine open yesterday, so I am at 1.

And I have to admit, its a lot better in person, but it still has a couple issues. Nothing too bad, though, and Ill probably try to pick up a couple more for my growing army.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 11:53 AM »
I left one on the shelf at Target yesterday. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2007, 12:47 PM »

You've officially been completely emasculated.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline elmeaux

• Youngling
  • The Dancing Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 11:48 AM »
I've got 4 and I think I'm stopping there. It's a nice figure, but the helmets on mine look kind of warped.
I've got at least 20 VOTC and a bunch of Tantive ones, so I don't have a burning need for more.

E>

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2007, 01:11 PM »

Um, I know you're helping me with Rebel Honor Guards, but if you could also hook me up with Stormtroopers too... Please let me know. (and AOTC Clones.) Yeah I know, I'm asking a lot....Thanks for the help you've already given me as well as any future help.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007, 04:22 AM »
I bought two of these, although I don't know why, seeing as I have over a hundred Comm-Tech stormies (I know the new sculpts are vastly superior, but a guy really only needs so many stormtroopers, you know?).  I opened one last night, and the weirdest thing happened.  Within minutes of taking him out of the package, the helmet started turning pink.  It was really slight at first, so much that I thought there was some weird light coming in the window or something.  But after a few minutes, the thing was very clearly pink.

Anyone else experience this on this or other figures?  Is there a way of reversing it?  I thought about sticking it in some bleach or hydrogen peroxide, but thought I'd check in here first.

It sucks because I was planning on letting these guys go helmetless, and to use the helmets with the comic book Han and Luke.  I want to remove the baby blue hues to the comic pack stormies, but now that I've got a pink helmet to go with the powder blue detailing, I may shoot for a 501st PRIDE parade brigade or something.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 04:24 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 10:16 PM »
I bought two of these, although I don't know why, seeing as I have over a hundred Comm-Tech stormies (I know the new sculpts are vastly superior, but a guy really only needs so many stormtroopers, you know?).  I opened one last night, and the weirdest thing happened.  Within minutes of taking him out of the package, the helmet started turning pink.  It was really slight at first, so much that I thought there was some weird light coming in the window or something.  But after a few minutes, the thing was very clearly pink.

Anyone else experience this on this or other figures?  Is there a way of reversing it?  I thought about sticking it in some bleach or hydrogen peroxide, but thought I'd check in here first.

It sucks because I was planning on letting these guys go helmetless, and to use the helmets with the comic book Han and Luke.  I want to remove the baby blue hues to the comic pack stormies, but now that I've got a pink helmet to go with the powder blue detailing, I may shoot for a 501st PRIDE parade brigade or something.

It sounds to me that you had some kind of oil or some other substance on your fingers when you opened it.  Either that or the last batch of mushrooms you ate were the silly kind.  Probably the former, but with you li...lib...liber (you know)....you never know.

:)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 11:02 PM »
I want to remove the baby blue hues to the comic pack stormies, but now that I've got a pink helmet to go with the powder blue detailing, I may shoot for a 501st PRIDE parade brigade or something.

Interesting idea, but you should build a grand clone army to accompany your rainbow brigade of stormies.  Clones with fushcia highlights, you know.  And I just happen to know a customizer on these boards who I'm sure would enjoy helping you with such a task.  Which brings me to...

It sounds to me that you had some kind of oil or some other substance on your fingers when you opened it.  Either that or the last batch of mushrooms you ate were the silly kind.  Probably the former, but with you li...lib...liber (you know)....you never know.

:)

Other substance?  Like what?  Hmm....

Could've been shrooms, or it could've been oxycontin (aka hillbilly heroin).  Oh wait, Sprry isn't a ne...neo...neoco...nah, couldn't have been oxy. 

Perhaps the helmet was exposed to an unusual amount of light?   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 11:28 PM »

Perhaps the helmet was exposed to an unusual amount of light?   

Yeah like a pot-growing lamp.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2007, 12:04 AM »
Matt, you're retarded.  ::)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Received two more yesterday. I'm up to 25.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."