Author Topic: 30AC Legends AOTC Clone... You Buyin'?  (Read 11428 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Legends AOTC Clone... You Buyin'?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 09:58 AM »
Reorganized my clones and found that I've miscounted my Shocktroopers. I'll have to pick up one more Legends.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 03:38 PM »
I bought a couple yesterday and another Shocktrooper. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2007, 04:35 PM »
I'm going for between 12 and 24 of these guys (I have five so far).  I probably won't get any more of the officers, especially with the incorrect helmet stripes.  So far it seems like Saga Legends is shaping up to, at the very least, shoot holes in Hasbro's theory that solid cases of Clone Troopers and/or other army builders wouldn't sell.  From Wave 1, the only things that even hang around are the non-army builders; Clones of all three varieties and Battle Droids are nonexistent. 

Not the thread for it, but has anyone else noticed that the neck post on the Shocktrooper and ROTS Clone seems to be a little bit shorter than the last few releases of the ROTS 41 SA sculpt?  I was looking at the SL Shock Trooper next to some extra SITS Shock Troopers I picked up last year and noticed that.  Kind of makes you wonder why they still can't get the belt right side up. :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 05:58 PM »
Bought two last night.  Might pick up more.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 01:00 AM »
I'm noticing the heads are a little wobbly on these.  Odd...  Not that it's horribly bad and you can't pose them, it's just not stiff and moves a little if you tap the figure.  It can hold a pose, just odd.  Love this figure though, it really is the figure that, along with the Deluxe Durge, ushered in new greatness in action figures I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 01:03 AM »
I picked up 2 of them. That's all I'll probably get.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 08:59 AM »
This is one figure I don't think I ever saw at retail the first time around (Clone Wars line).  I got one with help from JediMAC back then, and since then I've picked up the Evolutions pack, and now two more of the Saga Legends ones.  I actually saw another Legends one when I picked those two up, but it had been an expensive week so I left it there.  If possible, I'd like to pick up a few more though.  Its a great figure, and much better overall than the Sneak Preview ones that were more readily available here at the time.  I hope they keep shipping these.  They could probably do a "Legends" like assortment of these clones, the "vintage" versions of the Stormtrooper/Snowtrooper/Biker Scout, some ROTS clones and assorted others and ship it throughout the year ;).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 08:59 AM by Brian »

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 02:14 PM »
Hopefully by the end of this collecting season I will end up with four.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 06:08 PM »
I bought two of these earlier today. I'm not going to go too crazy on them but I hope to buy several. I never saw the figure at retail when it was in the Clone Wars line and I had to get them via the EE 4 packs from 2 years ago. This is one figure I'm VERY glad to see on the pegs, and I can't believe it seems to be pegwarming.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #24 on: July 9, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Have 8 need about 10 more.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 9, 2007, 06:10 PM »
I've bought 6 of these... passed on 10 or so.  I'd get more if I didn't have so many AOTC clones already, including the white AOTC Evolutions version.

I think this clone is the best clone they've made out of any line.  Really the more pure white color vs. its Clone Wars counterpart makes this figure one of my favorite figures that I own. 

Maybe I'm burnt out on ROTS clones or something, but the AOTC helmet is really growing on me again. 

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 01:06 AM »
Have 8 need about 10 more.

I'm around 6 I think but he's not been THAT common here yet.  I only catch them here and there, so far...  I'd like some more shock troopers too actually.  Legends has actually sold through a couple stores I visit but the back-ups on some of the figures are beginning.  Namely Vader, 3PO, and Yoda.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 09:14 AM »

I think this clone is the best clone they've made out of any line.  

I completely agree.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Saw a few of these at Target... But passed. Trying not to buy any PT stuff this year.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 11:37 PM »
I'm up to three of these.  My AOTC Clone army is pretty substantial from all of the preview Clones that I amassed plus the Clone Wars Troopers and EE sets, but addming more Clones like these really improves the quality of the ranks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback