Author Topic: Lego 2008  (Read 52427 times)

Offline Danbtherockstar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Lego 2008
« on: June 16, 2007, 01:17 AM »
I used to be a Seasonal Lego Merchandiser and i've remained in contact with the Full Timer that is in the area I used to work in... Aparently there is a survery of sorts that Lego is doing now that involves folks getting a look at and giving their opinion for some of packaging for the upcomming products for 2008. They've sent packages of boxes to the Merch's in many major cities. Some of the test boxes they've sent are for some of the new Star Wars products.

There is a Anakins Jedi Starfighter with a Clone Wars Logo.
A Stormtrooper Dropship with a Force Unleashed Logo
and A At-PT "Pod Walker" with Clone Wars Logo

also there are some other lines that are getting some interesting new looks and a new License that I for one am extremely excited about seeing in Lego form.... 

**Edit**

And now after seeing the packaging in person I can reveal a bit more:
The AT-PT comes with 2 clones and looks very very good

The Stormtrooper dropship is not affiliated with any particular event however it does have a large logo that does say "build your armies" and comes with 2 Stormies and a Tie Pilot

The Anakin Starship from Clone wars is Grey and Yellow (very Similar to Saesee's Starfighter)

The Set from the Force Unleashed is The Rogue Shadow (I believe) it is Vader's Apprentices ship apperantly and comes with Vader's Apprentice, A very hacked up Vader and the Female Imperial Officer (who's name escapes me right now)

Sorry I can't give picks but all this is very very hush hush and I'm sure I'm breaking some confidetiality things by telling this much! But 2008 is gonna be a great year for legos!!!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 10:46 PM by Danbtherockstar »

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Lego 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 11:02 AM »
  Just a note for anyone who might have missed it. Lego has the Lic. for the new Indiana Jones movie! I can't imagine how much money I will need to save for these sets. What if they go back and release sets from each of the 3 previous films also. A Sean Connery mini-figure! The possibilities are endless.

Offline Danbtherockstar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 09:21 PM »
Actually in the batch of Lego boxes that are part of the Survey are 4 of the Indiana Jones sets. and actually NONE of them are for the new movie. 3 of them are from Raiders of the Lost arc. A large set depicting the temple with the Golden Monkey head that comes Jock and a Biplane.  The Second is the Map Room which they call the "Snake pit", third is the Treasure Pursuit (Indy pusuing the Truck w/ the Arc), and the 4th set is from Last Crusade. it's called Motercycle Pursuit and it's Indy and his father (yes a Sean Connery Mini-fig) plus 2 Nazi Motercycles. I can only hope we see a good couple Temple of Doom sets with a lego Short Round

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:26 PM »
   Thanks a lot for the update! I'm glad to see Lego hasn't given up on the Franchise stuff. I know it's not their core type stuff but I really enjoy the specific sets...SpongeBob, Batman, Star Wars. Wish they had gotten TMNT

Offline Danbtherockstar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 06:28 PM »
yeah nice to see them expanding. glad to see everybody didn't go in with Mega Blocks when they were buying up licenses left and right.

Also this gives hope of a Lego Indiana jones game!

woo hoo!

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 09:22 PM »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Rebel Trooper helmets! Cheap Stormie troop transport! Force Unleashed!

Those look great. I'll definitely have to get that Imperial Transport.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 04:15 PM »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 04:24 PM »
meh meh meh meh meh ohhh!  What's the name of the Unleashed ship on the bottom?  That looks pretty snazzy as do the mini figs it comes with.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Rogue Shadow

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 12:37 PM »
Possible 2008 sets,

From, http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/index.php?showtopic=11428&st=360

THERE WILL BE A FEW MORE NEW SETS FOR LEGO STAR WARS THAT WILL RELEASE ON 2008. But i do not know 2008 when. The sets are 7673 Republic Gunship that comes with 3 Clone Troopers, 4 Clone Pilots, a Clone Commander, 2 Clone Leutenants, Yoda & Mace Windu, 7674 Sabre Class Fighter Tank that comes with 4 Clone Troopers & a Clone Sergeant, 7675 Sharp Spiral that comes with Saesee Tinn, & 7676 Durge's Starfighter comes with Durge, & Asajj Ventress. Im not sure whether there will be so many minifigs for the Republic Gunship or not.

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 4, 2007, 02:05 PM »
these sets are looking good, i like the rebel troopers and also the set with juno eclipse
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 09:13 PM »
From, http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/index.php?showtopic=12376

General Grievous
SW Death Star
MagnaGuard Starfighter™
V-19 Torrent™
AT-TE Walker™
Republic Attack Gunship™
Droid Gunship™
Republic Fighter Tank™
The Twilight™
Mini Snowspeeder
Mini TIE-Fighter

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 04:45 PM »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 12:34 PM »
Just a heads-up to the Lego collectors that I spotted both the AT-AP (40 dollars) and TFU Rogue Shadow (50 dollars) system sets at Toys R Us earlier this morning.  There were no shelf tags for them (I had to scan them to find the prices), and there were no shelf tags for nor sign of the other 2008 sets.