Author Topic: Lego 2008  (Read 52423 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Lego 2008
« Reply #45 on: December 1, 2008, 11:20 AM »
I got the Republic Fighter Tank on friday.  Not surprisingly there were no Star Destroyers left.  I think I would have considered getting it instead, even though I really wanted to the Fighter Tank, the SD would have been too much to pass up.
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 5, 2008, 01:23 PM »
The Republic Gunship is on sale at Amazon right now for $89.99 with free shipping.  I just might finally bite on this set - though that still seems overpriced.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2008, 06:50 PM »
Thanks to Dave over in the Minnesota LEGO thread for posting the coupon for TRU I was able to get the MTT for $50!!!!  Whoo Hooo!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 06:51 PM by Keonobi »
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Anyone biting on the Torrent, Magna Fighter, or Twilight at TRU w/30% off?  Me thinks not, but the Twighlight is tempting even though it looks very "odd".  Thought I had a few more $10 off - $75 purchases, but I came up dry.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Picked up the AT-TE on Amazon for 30% off with free shipping and found the Gunship on sale at a freak WM fro $99.  Glad I finally have these as the ROTS versions are fishing around $300-$500+

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 8, 2009, 10:31 AM »
There was just too much PT and CW stuff this (last) year. Nothing tempting to pick up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 8, 2009, 09:08 PM »
I love all of the Clone War sets from 2008.  I am looking forward to the summer sets coming. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 9, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Any chance anyone out there happens to still have a receipt with or just knows the Target DPCI # for the Star Destroyer?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 10:43 AM »
The V-19 is on sale at the BJ's wholesale club near my house for IIRC $31.90.  It was on one of side isles, back towards the tires, but that's about $25 off the MSRP.
I am not the Stig

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 11:07 AM »
Forget my question two posts back. I picked up the Lego ISD for $24.98 this morning at Target.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2009, 11:46 AM »
I don't know if they just went down to this price or if I just happened across one that was found later in the pricing process, but I picked up the CW LEGO Republic Fighter Tank for 75% off clearance, $12.48 at Target yesterday. So keep your eyes open and don't ignore stuff in the clearance section just because its CW and you don't think it should be on clearance already like I almost did.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 5, 2009, 11:17 AM »
Republic Gunships are being clearanced out at $35 at "select" WalMarts.  That's a fantastic deal.  My WMs either don't have stock or they're sitting at $99.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 5, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Republic Gunships are being clearanced out at $35 at "select" WalMarts.  That's a fantastic deal.  My WMs either don't have stock or they're sitting at $99.

Wow, I better take a peek at the local ones, though I think we only have the "Special" stores here, not the "select" ones.

Update:

Yup, I'm definitely in the "special" area, not "select".  I stopped at 2 Walmarts and neither had the Gunship @ $35.  I'll be checking a couple others over the weekend, but I think that deal will be hit and miss; emphasis on the miss....
« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 10:37 AM by Keonobi »
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2009, 10:28 AM »
I'm not totally familiar with all of the LEGO releases, so if this isn't a 2008 set I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong topic.  Anyways, I've started to become more interested in LEGO again lately - and probably against my better judgement, I'm considering picking up this set, which is the X-Wing fighter set (6212).  I see it is selling for $50 at LEGO's shop.  First off, is that a decent price - and secondly, is this a decent set?  I've always been somewhat interested in LEGO, but have stayed away due to price/space limitations.  I've recently thought about getting a few sets to try out, and sticking to OT themed ones.  Ideally, I'd like to get a Falcon, but that's a bit pricier and it isn't really "in circulation" right now.  Anyways, the second one I thought about was this X-Wing set.  Its another iconic (and favorite) ship from the OT, and it appears to come with some nice minifigs (for someone like me that doesn't really have many) in Luke, Han, Chewie, R2, and Leia.  Anyways, I was just curious if anyone had some advice or opinions on this set.  I may just end up staying away totally (which might be smarter), but I was just considering testing the LEGO waters a bit.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 1, 2009, 08:01 AM »
I would have to look up the set itself to see which one it is, but the price is the same as I paid at retail whenever it was released according to my spreadsheet.