Author Topic: Lego 2008  (Read 52257 times)

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Lego 2008
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 05:48 PM »
Since we had a few months off on Star Wars toys, they really made us pay for it this past weekend.  I just picked up all the clone wars Legos yesterday.  Bit of a sticker shock when you pick up everything due to the amount of larger sets.
I didn't like the fact that you only get two clones (and 3 jedi) in the republic gunship, I mean we're paying $120 couldn't they have given us at least one more clone?

Also, they did the same thing with the At-te.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 10:45 AM »
How much was the Republic Gunship and the AT-TE during their first release?  I don't remember them costing this much.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 05:22 PM »
How much was the Republic Gunship and the AT-TE during their first release?  I don't remember them costing this much.
I think the Republic Gunship was about $100 and the at-te about $60 plus they came with more clones.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 07:20 AM »
I think the Republic Gunship was about $100 and the at-te about $60 plus they came with more clones.
Gunship was $89.99 for 686 pieces and the AT-TE $69.99 for 646 pieces.  I think the newer sets have more pieces.

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 2, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Gunship was $89.99 for 686 pieces and the AT-TE $69.99 for 646 pieces.  I think the newer sets have more pieces.
But the old sets came with more minifigs

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 5, 2008, 03:41 AM »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Not sure what year it was made in (got mine last year) but I see that Target is now restocking the 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer set for $99 with a NCF tag. 

hmmmmm...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 7, 2008, 12:52 PM »
I've read this on another Lego board and the concensus is it will be a Black Friday sale item for around the $50.00 mark. Target usually has several large Lego sets in their BF ad. Last year was a large castle at 1/2 price. Just a guess right now!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 7, 2008, 05:01 PM »
How long before Rotta is repacked in another set?  I'm willing to guess they'll put him in a battle pack.  Maybe with Ahsoka fighting some IG guards?
I am not the Stig

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008, 01:31 PM »
My Target had an entire aisle of Star Destroyers stacked to the ceiling on a top shelf this week.  With that much stock, I bet it is one of their Black Friday sales...
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2008, 01:58 PM »
I'm going back and forth on this.  The V-19 Torrent and the Target exclusive Fighter Tank are close to the same price, I'm just not sure which to get.  I'm thinking the fighter tank, because its an exclusive, meaning the V-19 should be easier to find down the road.  I'm thinking I only can get one right now.  Thoughts?
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2008, 03:38 PM »
Both are great looking sets, so tough call.  Not sure how abundant your Targets are, but the Tie Crawler got marked down to $15 around my parts of my neighborhood so I'm waiting it out again in hopes of another nice price on the tank.  I've never paid full price for any LEGO set, but I believe the Torrent is/was on sale for $49 at Target.  Still to pricey for my blood though.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2008, 03:55 PM »
There are four within about 40 minutes of where I live, only two of which I go to with any frequency, but I don't often catch larger items like that on sale, I just am not there often enough.

BJ's (its a wholesale club like Costco or Sam's) has the V-19 for $46 or so, and I think I had seen the fighter tank at target for the $49 you mentioned iFett.  My out of state sister sent me $50 for my birthday with the stipulation that I had to spend it on something for me, that's the only reason I think I'll be able to get one right now.  Other stuff will have to wait until after the holidays.  I think I am leaning towards the fighter tank.
I am not the Stig

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2008, 09:52 AM »
My Target had an entire aisle of Star Destroyers stacked to the ceiling on a top shelf this week.  With that much stock, I bet it is one of their Black Friday sales...

Yep.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2008, 08:15 PM »
That Star Destroyer was a really fun build + it had plenty of mini figs and kid friendly features to it.  I'm guessing that Target's previous years' $49.99 is now the new $59.99 (LEGO) - $62.99 (UBPs).  Kinda sucks, but still a good deal IMO.