Author Topic: Target Exclusives - Where are They All Going to Go?  (Read 21823 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusives - Where are They All Going to Go?
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2007, 09:59 AM »
My local Target re-loaded everything in the last few days to prepare for the sale - including more of everything on the exclusives endcap.  I don't think they are all done shipping yet, but I don't expect them to last much beyond Christmas...

I'm hoping we'll see that restock here as well.  I checked last weekend and things weren't out yet, and this weekend we checked all three Targets here in town and all were "sold out with none in the stockroom" according to the DCPI scanners.  Hopefully they will be reshipping.  Otherwise, if anyone happens to see extras in their area, I'd be happy to take one of the Jabba packs off their hands :P.  I seem to remember these selling pretty quickly the last time Target had these packs (was that last Christmas or the one before?).  The Galactic Heroes in general just seem to sell pretty well around here.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2007, 11:02 PM »
Target and Exclusives. One store will get a bunch. Another will get nothing. If they are carrying too much merchandise they will clearence it out weeks after receiving it. I saw VSTC on clearence a month after they were released. It's a tuff call with them. Do you pick it up when you see it because you may not see it again or do you wait a month or two for the 30% off clearence? Personally I try to wait it out.

When Order 66 came out they only had the one shelf by the registers. They kept it stocked full for a month then they were gone. A week later there was and entire endcap plus half of another one near sporting goods full of clearence Order 66.

So when it comes to Target decide how bad you need it before purchasing.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2007, 09:18 AM »
It might just be our area, but while we were out finishing up Christmas shopping this weekend it really looks like our Targets flew through the exclusive Star Wars stuff this year.  With like 8 (?) different exclusives in the past two weeks, our two closest stores were all but sold out of everything - and the Galactic Heroes packs flew off the shelves in particular.  The Ultimate Battle Packs are few and far between, and the ARC 170 Battle Packs, AT-RT Packs, ARC Fighter, and TIE Bomber were all but sold out as well.  It seems like Star Wars is selling pretty good this Christmas, and in some cases it even looks like the $20ish items like Battle Packs and vehicles are selling even quicker than figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2007, 09:48 AM »
Kind of the same in my area. We have 8 Targets in a ten mile radius and it seems each one has different distribution/selling patterns than others. Some have stacks of ARC-170's left, others have TIE Bombers and other have AT-RT's. 99.9% of all the WOW BP's are gone.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."