Author Topic: TRU Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring  (Read 7997 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
TRU Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring
« on: June 21, 2007, 04:17 PM »
I looked to see if there was a thread about this already, but did not see it.  I loved the pics of this vehicle from CIV and it, looks like this will be a TRU exclusive.

Two Questions:

1.  Does the Ring Separate from the fighter?

2.  When is this slated for release?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:10 PM by Jeff »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 05:12 PM »
The construction looks EXACTLY like Sasee Tinn's Transformer ship w/ring minus the scale of course and that one seperates perfectly.  But there's nothing to support the ship when inserted into the ring (at least with that toy) so its is left angled up with the ring unless you have something to prop up the rear end of the ship.  Hopefully this will come with a clear stand to rectify the problem.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 5, 2007, 02:43 PM »
Wait...what? Really? When?  ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 6, 2007, 09:16 AM »
I wonder how many of these are going to be bought just so people can customize rings?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 6, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Even though Hasbo isn't doing it this way, if they decided to sell the ring by itself could they just pack it with decals for the different ships and just let the customer decide what color they want they're ring, or would there just be way too many stickers to put on?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 6, 2007, 11:47 AM »
I think that would be too many stickers, or for that matter it might look a bit cheesy.  I think a lot of the detail that would need to be captured in the sculpt would be lost of stickers were used to identify which ship they came with.  Good idea though, but I'm thinking that it wouldn't work.

Honestly, I'm not excited about the hyperdrive ring all that much.  But for those that are, it's a nice addition to the line, especially since it seems more and more rare that new items are are made outside of the basic figures.

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring
« Reply #6 on: October 8, 2007, 11:48 AM »
With the pics of this up at TRU.com now, I thought I'd bump this back up.  I was considering picking this up, because the hyperspace ring would be cool - but the price is a little higher than I'd like to see ($34.99).  Granted, that seems to be the standard for TRU exclusive vehicles this year, but the starfighter is a $20 vehicle, which means the "ring" is worth another $15?  Who knows, it depends how much else is out at the time, but the price does seem a little bit high.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #7 on: October 8, 2007, 11:56 AM »
With the pics of this up at TRU.com now, I thought I'd bump this back up.  I was considering picking this up, because the hyperspace ring would be cool - but the price is a little higher than I'd like to see ($34.99).  Granted, that seems to be the standard for TRU exclusive vehicles this year, but the starfighter is a $20 vehicle, which means the "ring" is worth another $15?  Who knows, it depends how much else is out at the time, but the price does seem a little bit high.

I think the value is there – much more so than the 181st Interceptor which was essentially a repack/repaint. With the JSF, you are at least getting something new and the potential is there to refit the other E2-style JSFs.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 8, 2007, 12:19 PM »
That's a good point, and the "ring" is a pretty significant piece at least - and something fans have wanted for awhile now.  Plus, you always have to factor in that "exclusive" factor of being higher priced.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: October 8, 2007, 12:38 PM »
My problem with the set isn't that the Hyperspace Ring adds $15 to the price of the Starfighter, it's the fact that I have to spend an extra $20 to get another Ep2 Obi-Wan JSF.  ::)

If they were to pack just that Hyperspace Ring alone in the "starfighter/assult" vehicles line, I'd buy it for $20.  I'm kind of hoping they go that route evenually, so I think I'll skip this set (barring clearance deals, of course).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 8, 2007, 12:49 PM »

If they were to pack just that Hyperspace Ring alone in the "starfighter/assult" vehicles line, I'd buy it for $20. 

Can you imagine how poorly that would sell at mass?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: October 8, 2007, 01:09 PM »
Sure, a mass retail release of just the Hyperspace Ring may not go over well with the general public, but that does not change the fact that I would still buy it for $20.

Despite your "Debbie Downer", realistic view of things trying to squish my dreams, I will continue to hope that they find a way to release the rings separately, because I really don't like the idea (whether practical for Hasbro or not) of rebuying all the JSFs just to get the rings.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #12 on: October 8, 2007, 01:17 PM »
If I were developing this set I would have had a generic ring and then include decals that correspond to the different JSF decos (OWK, CW generic, Fisto & Koon)

Granted the authenticity might suffer a bit going the decal route, but I think they would sell more that way then just having a dedicated release for each ship/ring combo or an individual ring painted for each style.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2007, 01:23 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 8, 2007, 01:22 PM »
because I really don't like the idea (whether practical for Hasbro or not) of rebuying all the JSFs just to get the rings.   :-\

You're a marketer's wet dream.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #14 on: October 8, 2007, 01:36 PM »
Despite your "Debbie Downer", realistic view of things trying to squish my dreams, I will continue to hope that they find a way to release the rings separately, because I really don't like the idea (whether practical for Hasbro or not) of rebuying all the JSFs just to get the rings.   :-\

:D
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."