Author Topic: Series 9  (Read 84802 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Series 9
« Reply #165 on: July 8, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Oh I've bought an item or two from hiim over the years as well- sometimes I think he stockpiles so much he occassionally does toss out a decent deal or two. But he is is always the highest for quite a while, and he appears to enjoy gloating with the pictures of piles of Yodas, Han Carbonites, etc. I guess it is his seeming endless supply and over the top prices that combine to make his auctions irritating.

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 8, 2008, 04:33 PM »
But he is is always the highest for quite a while, and he appears to enjoy gloating with the pictures of piles of Yodas, Han Carbonites, etc.
I didn't realize that was him posting the auctions with pics of piles o' Yodas  :D

That is kind of rubbing our collective noses in it, isn't it?  He probably swims in a giant pool full of Kubricks, a la Scrooge McDuck with his money vault.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 04:33 PM by karamazov80 »
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 8, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Well we all better hurry because at those prices they wont last long.  ::)

OMG.  Does anyone ever actually pay over $200 for one Kubie?  That's insane. 

Um, anyone that owns Sacul probably fits in that category, so virtually all of the collectors of Kubs that you happen to be asking that question of. ;)  In my defense it is the only Kub I have paid that much for. 

Like I said, Insane!  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 9, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Well we all better hurry because at those prices they wont last long.  ::)

OMG.  Does anyone ever actually pay over $200 for one Kubie?  That's insane. 

Um, anyone that owns Sacul probably fits in that category, so virtually all of the collectors of Kubs that you happen to be asking that question of. ;)  In my defense it is the only Kub I have paid that much for. 

Like I said, Insane!  :P

The entire hobby is insane...Star Wars in general.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #169 on: July 9, 2008, 12:27 PM »

The entire hobby is insane...Star Wars in general.

CB

True to some extent. Kubrick collectors tend to spend more on individual figures, while many collectors of modern Hasbro stuff seem to spend similar amounts, just spread over more figures (buying dozens of clones or whatever). I guess it depends on your priorities. And of course it's hard to stay with one particular category of collectible as well. I thought I was more or less done with props, but somehow ended up buying one of the eFX stormtrooper helmets yesterday. Of course, I'd rather spend $400 on that than on a couple of Kubrick chases, but that's just me.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2008, 08:25 AM »
Whoo hoo! It's that time gang, I received an e-mail from RoBBy.  ;D

The following items you've ordered are now able to be delivered or will arrive soon.

Bring it on! 

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2008, 09:03 AM »
So does that mean the incessent tracking begins now?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2008, 09:55 AM »
No, this is just the "please confirm your order" stage...  ...which leads directly to the "time to call the credit card company and tell them the upcoming $4k charge from Japan is not fraudulent activity" stage.   :-[

The "incessant tracking" stage beings when they actually ship them.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2008, 09:57 AM »
No, this is just the "please confirm your order" stage...  ...which leads directly to the "time to call the credit card company and tell them the upcoming $4k charge from Japan is not fraudulent activity" stage.   :-[

The "incessant tracking" stage beings when they actually ship them.   :P

So this is... make sure I have $400 that I can send to Jeff stage.  **starts lifting the couch cushions**

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2008, 11:49 AM »
I just noticed on eBay that a few singles of this series is being listed & the seller mentions a release day of July 10... today! Sure is a far cry from the 31st, guess we shall see if more pop up. 

NEW Medicom Star Wars 9 kubrick Clone trooper

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2008, 12:36 PM »
All Right! I hope they are correct, I would love to get these before the end of the month!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2008, 01:05 PM »
Crap, looks like I need to get my $400 a few weeks earlier than I was anticipating...  Let the chase hunt begin!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2008, 08:49 AM »
Yesterday I get the confirm your order e-mail, I get home from work this morning & 3 more e-mails from RoBBy. CC authorization complete, another for confirm your order & lastly the order has been shipped. Holy crap, that was fast.

This order was a small one for me & the 1st time I did not order a master case since series 1, I only ordered 2 boxes as a local collector & I are involved & I get to open them all. If I get any chase figs fine, if not then I'll be on the hunt for them. Next week should be another Kuby week from the postman.  ;D

I am guessing that Jeff should be having his massive order on the way, best of luck to all.  :)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Yesterday I get the confirm your order e-mail, I get home from work this morning & 3 more e-mails from RoBBy.

I got the <INVOICE Mail> and <Card Authorization Complete> e-mails last night, but no <Shipping Detail> e-mail yet... 

Maybe later today... I'm hoping...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2008, 09:53 AM »
C'Mon shipping notice!!