Author Topic: Carded Kubricks  (Read 54917 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Carded Kubricks
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2011, 10:47 PM »
Wow 72... Nice score!

$72 before onejp fees and shipping, so more like $125.  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2011, 11:20 PM »
So I was looking at the carded collection this morning in anticipation of receiving my latest shipment of Oscar cases and noticed that the bubble on my carded Holo Leia has yellowed over the last year or so.  Anyone else have this problem with any of their carded figures?  That figure is cheap enough where I can replace it if I want to, but I'm kind of curious to see if this is just an isolated incident or something I'm going to need to watch out for...  Any feedback you can offer is appreciated.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2011, 01:17 AM »
My Leia is also yellowing as is my Jorg Sacul. All the others seem fine.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2011, 03:39 PM »
My Boba Bape is yellowed as well  :(

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 2, 2011, 09:49 PM »
Just received my acrylic case order from Oscar.  Now that I have all my carded figures in cases (with the exception being the BFC as they are still in the 6-pack they arrived in), I'm going to need to find a way to take a picture and show them off.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 2, 2011, 11:28 PM »
Just received my acrylic case order from Oscar.  Now that I have all my carded figures in cases (with the exception being the BFC as they are still in the 6-pack they arrived in), I'm going to need to find a way to take a picture and show them off.

I suggest using a camera.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 4, 2011, 08:14 PM »
I suggest using a camera.

Hilarious! ;)

Offline Plasticlab

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2012, 08:50 AM »
If you put a pin hole in the bubble (I know, out come the torches) it should stop it from yellowing... works on vintage stuff anyway.

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2013, 08:06 AM »
So I know this question has been asked before. I have a sweet Kub display case and Im thinking of opening all my carded figs. Im not collecting them for the value however if i decide to sell , i hope i dont depreciate the value a lot. Do u think the value will only decline slightly. I know the value now has dropped too. Any ideas???

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2013, 12:49 PM »
Kubrick prices can be all over the map- if two people want something, it can sell for quite a bit more than the one before it (looking at completed auctions that actually sold).
That being said, I would say it essentially cuts the value in half for most of them, less so for others.

Finding loose examples for comparison is tricky because there aren't a lot out there. But I've been watching auctions come and go for years, and I would say most common ones from early on (droids R2, holo Leia etc.) sell for about 1/2 of a carded version. Others I have almost never seen (transparent Han carbonite, holo yoda), so those may stick closer to 3/4. But they all definately take a hit.

If you wait it out, you may be able to find loose versions, then sell your carded ones. But you'll be competing with me for a few of the loose ones  ;)