Author Topic: Kubrick Errors and Variations  (Read 3718 times)

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Kubrick Errors and Variations
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:36 PM »
I just found a 4-Lom sealed up with a Zuckuss gun.  I checked the packaging on other Series 1 Kubs I have and the packaging matches.  Anyone know if this adds value to the figure? 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:56 AM by Jeff »
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Kubrick Manufacturing error question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:48 PM »
I don't think it adds any value to the figure, just a factory mistake. It's only worth what a person wants to pay for it, if someone wants to pay more for it then so be it.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Kubrick errors/variations?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 01:26 PM »
I was going through my Jabba's palace set-up, and decided to pull Yakface down and admire him again. I noticed that he has a glossy darker brown paint in his right ear, but the left ear is painted the same as the head. Both nostrils have the darker paint as well, so I am guessing someone just missed an ear at the factory that day. My daugther cracked him out of a master case, so he wasn't a back-door factory-second.

Does anyone else have any notable paint errors/variations?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Kubrick errors/variations?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 05:47 PM »
I was going through my Jabba's palace set-up, and decided to pull Yakface down and admire him again. I noticed that he has a glossy darker brown paint in his right ear, but the left ear is painted the same as the head. Both nostrils have the darker paint as well, so I am guessing someone just missed an ear at the factory that day. My daugther cracked him out of a master case, so he wasn't a back-door factory-second.

Does anyone else have any notable paint errors/variations?

I actually have a similar issue with my S10 Anakin that I opened yesterday.  His hairpiece has one painted peach ear and one ear that is white (non painted?).  If anyone is into these kinds of errors, I'd behappy to trade mine for one with both ears painted. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today