Author Topic: Best Website to buy figs?  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Best Website to buy figs?
« on: June 10, 2003, 01:25 PM »
I'm starting to get sick of the retailers not ordering new figs and Hasbro not shipping the figs, so I've decided to buy the 2003 figs (along with Ephant and the POTJ repacks) from an online store.

But there are so many stores to choose from!

My question is which is the best online store to buy the new figs? I'm looking for a site with many positive reviews, and fair prices (on the product, shipping, etc.).

Thanks in advance. ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Best Website to buy figs?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 02:13 PM »
I'd say Kebco.

Or you can try:
1.Newforce comics($$)
2.Entertainment Earth($$)
3.Brianstoys($$$)

$=How expensive
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 02:17 PM »
I'm a big fan of http://www.yestertoys.com.  The prices are very fair, and the selection is okay.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 03:34 PM »
I've been ordering all of my Saga figures from Kebco Toys.
dustrho

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 09:12 PM »
Also check out BigBadToyStore they're decently priced on Saga figs.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 12:14 AM »
I've ordered from a lot over the past couple of years.  I probably should give Kebco a shot, but there's a store in Canada with a one of every figure schtick as well, so avoiding customs holds some appeal for me.

Being a Canadian I rank them on different things.  Nothing irks me more than padding shipping and I've had it happen a few times from this list.  That said, shipping to the US according to their websites is at times free, and always cheaper than up north, eh?

I've had success with yestertoys, EE and newforcecomics.com.  The latter is my current retailer of choice as I've been primarily ordering cases and singles/openers of items.  Probably the most appealing thing is Rick's communication and totally fair (read you pay what it costs him/them) shipping.  That's a huge plus for me.  One of the other retailers I ordered a Vaders Tie from charged me shipping PLUS $12 handling :o ::) >:(  That was the last time I ordered there.  Still a good company if you're in the US and great selection.  

Legendsactionfigures.com in Canada is a pretty good site too.  Not sure about the prices and how they work out for Americans though.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jara19

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 01:32 AM »
I'm a member of the kebco "one of every figure club" and it really is a great deal. Newforce comics also has great prices and super customer service. Brianstoys is a good place to get vintage stuff, but way to expensive for current releases.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 01:54 AM »
Since they've lowered prices on Star Wars cases, I would have to say that Entertainment Earth has really moved up the ladder for me, especially since they are usually very fast at getting stuff in and sending it out to their customers.  They also guarantee mint items if you are needing your stuff carded.

I still go with newforce most of the time though, but lately they have been ever so slow on getting stuff out as well as updates.  Not that I am saying it's their fault though.

:P

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 07:55 AM »
I've bought several times from DNSToys and they are very good with packaging and getting the figures there in a timely way and mint figs as well