Author Topic: SDCC Shadow Scout with Speederbike  (Read 19259 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2007 Shadow Scout with Speederbike
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 11:05 AM »
Well, I'll get this on one of the online sites. No more than 2 though. $25 is way to much for this set. I'd prefer $15-18. Anything more expensive than that is a stretch, IMHO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Shadow Scout with Speederbike
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 12:13 PM »
Can't find this thing at HTS....Any clues??
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 12:24 PM »
I think it is a SWShop exclusive, but I haven't seen it up there yet either.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Warning:

This product is pretty crappy-

Hasbro used some pretty cheap plastic in the molds to make the bike and figure. The biker and the bike are overly flimsy. Talk about a loose fig, sheesh. I know it's a cheaper plastic because I own white scout and he's nowhere near this loose and flimsy. I also have this original paint bike as well and, well, lets just say that if I flexed the original molds bike the same way it would snap! 

Consider leaving the rubberbands on the hands for the rider to stay on the bike- I HAD TO!

DS

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2007, 01:59 PM »
Jon's opinion pretty much solidified me NOT buying this now...  Too much money for **** product.  Forget it.  This is the figure that's pretty much an easy pass at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2007, 03:32 PM »
Jesse-

Hey what is up with Hasbro using this ****** plastic lately in their basic figure line??
 My opener Boba and Chewie McQuarrie figures are so flimsy and easily fall apart.. what happened?
 I'll bet it has to do with $ and I'd wager their profits are higher per fig with the cheaper plastic too.

DS

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2007, 03:51 PM »
I had planned on picking one of these up, but after hearing that its kind of craptastic, I'm having second thoughts.  It was overpriced to begin with, but I've always kind of liked scout troopers, so I thought it might be nice to have one.  We'll see I guess.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2007, 05:12 PM »
My McChewie is decent, my boba's a little flimsy at the waist but so's everyone elses and I blame that on design really, but yeah flimsy plastic is definitely a cheaper material...  Hasbro's said, "well it takes to molds better, blah blah blah" but that simply is not true...  Anyone with a little plastics experience knows better actually, about which plastics take detail better and such.  However yeah I think the SDCC Scout's plastic is simply a matter of, "well we're whipping these together fast, they're really not intended to be opened by many...  we'll cut a corner with some cheaper plastic, boost the profit on it a bit" kind of a situation.  I have little doubt of that personally.

Whatcha gonna do though?  I'm sure I'm not getting that set now... It's not even accurate to the character they based it on (STorm Commandoes), so to me it's at this point an easy pass once I heard how shoddy the construction was.  Piss on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2007, 05:46 PM »
Yeah, the visor isn't even green, my boy tells me he's gonna paint it green though.Yeah, sculpt-wise they couldn't come to even the storm commandos like the ones from the WOTC miniatures have. It certainly is a different sculpt than a basic biker scout-but I'm sure they know this anyway, like you said it's cheaper to paint it black and call it something then mass produce it ::).

DS 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 09:49 AM »
I like the figure. I really like it, wish I could put together a squad. Hate the bike though. The paint is alright, but I still can't get over the handle bars and the "T" bar.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2007, 11:34 PM »
That went fast...

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=414130

Got mine with no problem after waiting patiently.....screw you HTS !  >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 1, 2007, 08:41 AM »
I've noticed that this has been back up in stock, if anyone is interested.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 1, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I got my 6 this A.M....(plus a couple for fellow collectors here in town).

Of course now I'm not as excited to hear about them since they are flimsy...

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #44 on: August 1, 2007, 11:19 AM »
Hmmmm, I didn't order yet, Might not even bother... I can spray paint one of mine  :P