Author Topic: Lott Dod  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Lott Dod
« on: March 24, 2003, 09:46 PM »
After months of waiting, Wal-Mart has finally stocked something new! I bought anything remotely new with exception to the new Destroyer Droid and Yoda in Council Chair. Both looked sweet, but I've got 2 DD's from Ep1 and a EP1 Yoda in Chair too.

Appearance -
Looks okay... Something is missing, and something is odd. The arms are oddly positioned, and the paint is a bit dull. Anyway, he's decent looking.
8/10

Articluation -
Nope. Head, Waist, 2 arms.... 4 points aint getting nothing. Palpatine and Orn Free Ta have over 7 or 8... no excuse for this senator to have less.
2/10

Pose-ability -
Well, if you pose his arms, his coat thing pops over his neck. I can't give this a good grade either.
1/10

Accessory -
A holo of Sidious... I don't recall this being in the movies, but it's nice to have something. Extra points for a detatchable hat, which I'll grade as an acc.

3/10

Overall -
Huge disapointment... Lack of articulation killed the pose-ability of this figure, which is what I require to make me happy. I will give props for a removable hat.

3.5/10

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Lott Dod
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 12:25 AM »
Your low rating here could explain why it's one of the biggest peg warmers at my local Targets and TRU's.
dustrho

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 11:51 AM »
I think this figure is more of a tribute to old school type kenner figs, seriously. He's very basic, and he really was a basic figure. I think for what he is, it fits, and he makes a good figure. I mean if i was still a kid, I would want him, and i'd have him doing the talking and being lame role, cause that is what he is for. I think the figure allows this to happen. Granted, I'm sure there are areas they could have made better, but isn't EVERYTHING able to be made better ALWAYS? nothing is perfect.  :P
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 8, 2003, 12:55 AM »
Thanks to CHEWIE's advice a few months ago at RS (am I allowed to mention that place here?  :-X ) I have now purchased 10 Lott Dodd figures.  The body and robe makes an excellent framework for generic alien senators...walrusmen, Ithorian hammerheads, mon calamari, quarren, you name it!  

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: June 8, 2003, 10:02 AM »
Well, at least ya found something to do with them peg warmers - maybe the pegs will be re-stocked with something new.  ;)