Author Topic: So whos liking all the EU stuff?  (Read 11391 times)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: So whos liking all the EU stuff?
« Reply #30 on: August 3, 2007, 08:46 AM »
the way i see it the Marvel packs just come with cool background characters.

Umm... Luke, Han, R2, Chewie, Obiwanx2 (PREQUEL), Anakin, Leia, Vader x2 , Fett, Tarkin, Bail..... what great background characters they were!
Using comic adaptations of the movies should not be considered EU for this project.  This is GREAT opportunity to give us something new and to promote the Expanded Universe which contains so many great NON-MOVIE characters they could make for us but they're too cheap/lazy to do it.    Sure.. there ARE sets within the comic packs that fit my view of the EU but I feel that opportunity is wasted on characters we already have a bazillion of (cut it out with the stormtroopers in these!).

Happy Friday!

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 3, 2007, 10:27 AM »
marvel characters as in the chewie( random wookie) artoo( random droid) tarkin (well throw him in a bar scene :P) luke han and the blue stormy gives you a small squad of 3 blues. vader is useless the rebel can go as a off screen commander unit and the boba can be a random mando. AND i said MARVEL packs not the Dark Horse.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 3, 2007, 09:03 PM »
I'm really liking a lot of the EU offerings this year, especially the McFigs and the Clone Wars Wave 5 figures.  As someone who reads the SW novels and the Dark Horse comics, I could see a TON more  figures/vehicles/battle packs/etc that could be released.  Not to mention all of the video games that have already been produced and THE one we are still waiting for (and waiting... and waiting...).

What I'm going to be really interested in is where the Clone Wars cartoon series line goes next year.  I would hate to see the continued 30AC line and the Saga Legends lines get overshadowed (and under ordered) just to keep the CW cartoon figures on the shelves...  I guess I'll find out all in due time.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline jts21

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 10:28 PM »
I'm really liking all the EU stuff, especialy the KOTOR and McQuarrie. My one problem with it is the whole 1 McQuarrie per case of figures thing. It makes it a real challenge to get these guys before you get shafted by the guys on the secondary market.