Author Topic: Female A-wing Pilot  (Read 5560 times)

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
Female A-wing Pilot
« on: July 9, 2007, 05:02 PM »
First off, I must give credit where credit is due. My custom here was COMPLETELY inspired by Johnboy_Walton's pilot over at RS HERE .  He was even kind enough to answer some questions when I PM'd him about his custom   ;D

Ok I'll call this one my Version 1.0

I based most of it on the new TAC A-Wing pilot  HERE

There are still somethings I want to change and add. First, the helmet is from a Wedge figure. I didn't like the way the original helmet I was working on came out, so I'll have to add that later. I sculpted the chest piece but I think I'll have to redo it as it constricts the arms a bit to hold the blaster with both hands. I also want to add the air tube(?) that goes from the chest piece into the flight suit. I took some liberties with the paint job to suit this particular figure, so I wouldn't say it's 100% based on the real A-wing pilot. And of course, once I took the pictures I realized I have a few more paint touch-ups to do.

But for now, this version is pretty much done. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Parts:

Head/arms/torso/belt: Ambush on Ilum Padme
Helmet: Saga Wedge
Legs/pelvis: Saga Leia as Boushh
Chest piece: sculpted
Chest straps: AT-RT rifle straps AND Ep 1 Anakin backpack
Leg straps: Saga AT-AT Driver

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Female A-wing Pilot
« Reply #1 on: July 9, 2007, 06:46 PM »
 ;D NICE!! I like that alot!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 9, 2007, 08:12 PM »
Thats a pretty great custom, nice use for that crappy Snowbunny Padme pack-in. Great job!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 9, 2007, 08:20 PM »
it looks really good. BUT the box looks a little to big for her body. its minor though, besides that great work im sure she will make a great companion for the new A-wing pilot coming out.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 12:48 AM »
Pretty slick use of the Padme head HNB, I like that...  Keeps an A-Wing-ish feel to the figure despite the helmet.

If I may make a suggestion, you could hollow out a vintage B-Winger (cheapo figure) helmet possibly for a little more accurate A-Winger brain bucket if you wanted.  It's not completely dead-on of course, but it's better than the X-Wing helmet I think if you were wanting that look and all.

Food for thought if you decide to use it.  Good work man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77