Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Jabba's Band" Battle Packs  (Read 12214 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Jabba's Band" Battle Packs
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 09:33 AM »
After seeing it in person, I can just see me leaving it on shelves when it hits retail.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 02:00 PM »
After seeing it in person, I can just see me leaving it on shelves when it hits retail.

Same here... looks like a 100% repack set.    With the musicians as my collecting focus, as long as there's nothing new in it... a big PASS

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 7, 2007, 01:10 PM »
Not me, I missed out on them the first time, so here's to Jabba's Band!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 7, 2007, 01:27 PM »
Not me, I missed out on them the first time, so here's to Jabba's Band!

Ditto!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline darthdobby

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 8, 2007, 12:49 AM »
I'll definately be picking up the set with Droopy, Max and Sy as I dont have modern versions of these figures. 

Im not sure about the other set. I would like a screen accurate Jabbas Palace, yet I absolutely hate the addition of that new song and all these new band members. 

Anyways, I think these are great sets as they allow for all those who missed these figures in the past to pick them all up at once.
Hopefully they will be around $20 a set

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Has there been any word on when these might be hitting?  I didn't know if these would be a Black Friday type start date as well, or not.  That is the only thing that could get me into WM this weekend.  I seem to remember picking up the Cantina tin set about this time last year, but I'm not sure.  I know most people don't care about these since they already have them, but the Rebo band has been a gaping empty spot in my collection for awhile, and I've always wanted to pick them up (but was waiting for a re-release).  I don't have those dancers either, but I'm thinking I might have to pass on them due to there just being so many exclusives between now and the end of the year.  I'm definitely planning on grabbing the band though.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2007, 07:37 PM »
I haven't heard anything about these lately either. Which seems odd.

If they were a Black Friday item, then we SHOULD have heard something by now.

Right?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 08:51 AM »
That's kind of what I thought.  Even if they were a Black Friday item, you would think someone...somewhere would have found them early.  I guess it would be ok if they waited a bit, Target will be getting enough of my money over the next few weeks the way it is :).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 11:52 AM »
I figured i take a shot at walmart (actually for the galactic hero sets) but nothing new.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2007, 12:44 PM »
I chose to go to WM instead of Target for two reasons (1) I already have all of the Target winter exclusives and (2) just in case they put these out OR the WM Comic 2-packs out.

Unfortunately, they didn't even put out any new Star Wars product at all - not even older releases. The way the SW looked when I checked it Wednesday night was the same way it looked this morning.  ???
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Okay, I'll admit, I'm a sucker for gimmicks like the perforated packaging and the "designed to fit together" thing. Those almost make these sets worth buying.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2007, 09:38 AM »
I stopped by WM this morning and they had both of these on the shelves.  They didn't have a price sticker (but rang up at $24.88), and were on the bottom shelf next to the lightsabers.  I picked up the Band pack, since I missed them the first time - but passed on the "performers" pack, at least for now.  I've wanted the Rebo band ever since I was a kid, so I'm pretty happy these got re-released.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I'm not opening my sets, but if someone is getting rid of the packaging, I'll take 'em off your hands.  ;)