Author Topic: Slave I Ramp Question  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Slave I Ramp Question
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:23 PM »
So I've got two different Slave I ramps...  both are black, but one is glossy one is flat.

Both are stamped 1014 C 017 - 02

Any ideas if one of these has been painted or if they came both ways?  And if they're both legit, is there a more desirable one to collect?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Slave I Ramp Question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 01:26 AM »
So I've got two different Slave I ramps...  both are black, but one is glossy one is flat.

Both are stamped 1014 C 017 - 02

Any ideas if one of these has been painted or if they came both ways?  And if they're both legit, is there a more desirable one to collect?

Since nobody's responded. . .

Could one be from the vintage release, and one from the 1996 SOTE/POTF2 release?  They were identical molds, IIRC, just different paint jobs. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 10:11 AM »
I don't think that's it.   I think the 1996 one is more of a gray color.  These are both most definitely black.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Could it be that some were just made from different plastics like how some of the stormtrooper blasters I have are black and some have a greenish tint to them?  I couldn't even begin to speculate on which one was more rare though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 04:10 PM »
Rarity doesn't matter really... I am going to keep the flat one and dump the semi-glossy one.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.