Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 84682 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #255 on: February 2, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Yeah, the pic I saw of the tri-droid with a trooper showed it to be massive by comparison.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 3, 2008, 10:01 PM »
I just picked up Obi-Wan Kenobi and also Darth Vader today.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 4, 2008, 11:15 AM »
I don't have a Tri-Droid yet, so I'm thinking that will be my favorite when it's all said and done.

I think you'll find that the Tri-Droid is quite impressive.  It's certainly big. 

I'm really hoping so... actually, I think the one I ordered is being delivered today.  I can't wait!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #258 on: February 4, 2008, 12:13 PM »
I scored most of this wave while out in New England this past week - just missing Gree at this time. Here's my 2 cents on these figures...

Vader: Great to see the Evo ROTS Anakin in circulation on a basic card. They've re-done the paint job to bring out some details, especially in the head. They did however paint the right glove arm brown instead of black. The hip articulation works really nice on this one and I'm definitely going to want to nab another when I get the opportunity. Of course I would have liked to seen ball-jointed elbows, but we all know Hasbro will get to that on the next refresh of this figure - damn them for knowing we'll buy it!

Obi-Wan: Whereas the new hips work well for Anakin, they don't as much for Obi-Wan. For starters the cloth skirt actually restricts some of the movement in my tests (you know, extensive playing with the toy  :P) and the design gives the impression that Obi-Wan is birthing. Add to that an even wider stance than the original Pilot figure and the hip articulation is a bit of a downer here. The head looks ok, but it appears I have a bad one (I'm not the only one from what I've been reading) as the hole in the head for the ball joint is not big enough to accomodate the neck joint. A little fixing will have to be done on my part and no doubt Hasbro will fix this as they did the comic pack Mara last year.

Po Nudo: A nice sculpt, the head looks pretty vicious. He's loaded in the arm articulation but the design of his cuffs at the end of his arm restrict the hand movement. The robes prevent access to the legs, but it's not such a big deal for this type of figure.

2-1B: The sculpt on this one is amazing and he's full to the brim with articulation. The details really stand out nicely, it's a well done figure. The size may be an issue for some, but it's easy to think that this particular model is of a shorter height than say the 2-1B we saw in Empire. A cool droid for sure.

Panning Droid: The detail is ok on this guy, unfortunately he suffers from Hasbro's soft plastic and the legs/arms have already warped. I don't see how the droid itself could stand long if you put Anakin on as intended. The platform is well done, I like the addition of the lava form under it. It's been designed to be modular so if you want to do an extended platform for the duel it's definitely doable.

Tri-Droid: Again we have an issue with soft plastic and an odd design. I couldn't figure out at first how to attach the legs and when I finally did they just didn't snap into place properly. The feet on the legs are made of the typical crappy plastic so it won't be long until this guy is tipped over. With that said, the detail is well done, the sculpt gives this one promise and could definitely fill out the Seperatist droid ranks as long as you don't have an issue with the feet.

Kashyyyk Trooper: The lame one of the bunch in my opinion. I know this is supposed to be a more accurate sculpt, but I prefer the repainted VTAC Biker Scout and as such I'm only going to stick to this one figure. There's nothing really new to this guy and the paint job pretty much sucks, I think the biggest eye sore though has to be the huge backpack he has, it just does not look good.

I did get to see Gree as my buddy picked it up and that does appear to be a good figure. An all new sculpt with the suspenders added for realism and the new hip and wrist articlulation make for a nice fun bonus.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 4, 2008, 12:21 PM »
Gummy legs on the Tri Droid?  Damnit!  I hope mine stands well enough.  That just sucks because the sculpt looks really good.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 4, 2008, 02:13 PM »
I have no problems with the Tri-Droids I purchased. In fact I want more.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 4, 2008, 02:13 PM »
I have no problems with the Tri-Droids I purchased. In fact I want more.

Cool - good to hear!   8)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 6, 2008, 11:49 AM »
My Octurapara droid stands just fine... it took a while to figure out exactly how to position the legs, but once I figured it out...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 6, 2008, 02:46 PM »
I thought it's sack was supposed to be bigger and more elongated in shape.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 6, 2008, 03:03 PM »
There is a dirty joke there but I'm not sure what it is.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: February 6, 2008, 03:20 PM »
"that's what she said!"

It applies to so much...

EDIT:

By the way, I moved my post from last night...  It wound up in the wrong thread, so look up if you're interested, it's a couple posts up.  N/M, I'm a doof and screwed up when hurrying...  Check your work, blah blah blah...  Yeah, I suck.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 7, 2008, 12:27 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2008, 12:49 AM »
Finally found Gree out of this wave tonight, and while cool looking and really nicely accessorized, I find the hip articulation a little pointless.  It doesn't really give him that wider a range of motion because the armor does seemingly inhibit it a bit.  Not to say I don't care for it, he's one of the better figures of the way, but it doesn't help him much.

I could maybe see it help him sit on a speederbike type seat better though...  If they go with this improvement on future Clones, I hope they implement that.  It'd be great on a Scout Trooper to be honest.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2008, 09:01 AM »
Got to open up the remaining figure from this wave yesterday, Gree, Kashyyyk trooper, Po, Tri-Droid and 2-1B. Plenty of spot on reviews already, so I'll just add that these were all really well made figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Finally found Gree out of this wave tonight, and while cool looking and really nicely accessorized, I find the hip articulation a little pointless. 

When I opened mine last night I thought the same exact thing. It really is pointless. The leg armor hinders any cool poses. At least the wrist articulation was very nice.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Finally found Gree out of this wave tonight, and while cool looking and really nicely accessorized, I find the hip articulation a little pointless. 

When I opened mine last night I thought the same exact thing. It really is pointless. The leg armor hinders any cool poses. At least the wrist articulation was very nice.

I like the articulation myself. It allows for squating poses and he can play dead well.  :P

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 04:54 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird