Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 84487 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 10:15 AM »
im just happy this is wave one. 3 good looking army builders 1 droid and 1 random alien. if the trooper is as easy to find as the marine was then i will have a good (if its the same as this year) 5 months to army build him,but watch hasbro but the droid and alien at 2-3 per box (if this is the full wave) and short pack the AB. ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 01:00 PM »
The more i look at this wave the less i like it. It just doesnt have anything too exciting in it. I was overly happy with 2007, i hope 2008 does not take a huge step down. I am not expecting a lot of huge pack-ins like this year but i hope we continue to get some.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 12:10 AM »
I just got back from vacation so Im just now starting to look at Hasbro's Friday presentation--and WOW. Its really great to finally see Po Nudo, and BTW hes great 'PT' Aqualish custom fodder!. And the octuptarra droid will look fabulous on my Mygeeto bridge dio, even though hes not a tri droid, he'll work for now. And I'm really liking that accurate Gree, the first one was terrible. The 41st clone, eh, I am in the tiny, tiny minority that really didnt mind the first one. However, I only bought one and put it on a speeder bike, so these are a welcome addition to my clone army. 2-1B is cool but in my opinion the least exciting of the wave. I'll still pick one up, though.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 02:13 AM »

Not sure where to begin except that '08 looks like a whole lot of '07 carrying over in terms of quality at least.  I kind of miss the concept of the coins, but I know people dug the stands.  I just felt the coins were a little more appealing as a side collectible, at least for me anyway.

-2-1B...  One of the lesser interesting looking figures, but still a droid is welcome when it's something new/different.  I like it but it's not one of the higher figures on my wishlists really.

-Po Nudo...  I was all about voting for Po in the E3 vote here on the forums.  The Aqualish Senator's pretty cool looking and will make a fine addition to the Senator wall (and it really is becoming a wall.  There's tons of those).

-41st Kashyyyk Trooper...  Whoa mama!  I bought a ton of these guys...  Well like 20 anyway, and now they're all Imperial Advanced Recon Troopers I guess. :)  I like the look of the new one.  The details seem like theyr'e just right, as they should've been from the get-go. 

-Octuparra Droid...  Not sure where this was honestly.  I thought it was the droid ont he Mygeeto Bridge...  It's cool looking but having a place to place it would be nice.

-Gree...  Best of the bunch is a Gree resculpt.  I just hope he has all the details of Gree's uniform and Hasbro can finally put that shoddy POS they delivered us in 2005 to rest.  It's looking good, so I'm very hopeful I can take Gree off my resculpt wishlists. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 04:32 AM »
I never managed to snag the original Gree. What was so awful about it anyway?

A nice looking wave, with a little something for everyone by the look of it. Po Nudo shall satisfy my cravings for weird aliens. The 2-1B looks kinda neat too. Looking to be yet another good year.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 09:30 AM »

The inaccurately painted helmet was the sticking point for just about everybody.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 12:26 PM »
I was just thinking. If Hasbro is giving us a new Gree already does that mean we have a chance in getting a new Baccara as well? After all he was in more need of a resculpt then Gree was.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 04:34 PM »
I was just thinking. If Hasbro is giving us a new Gree already does that mean we have a chance in getting a new Baccara as well? After all he was in more need of a resculpt then Gree was.

Agreed. While I initally liked the Bacara figure, many clones have come after the release of that figure and have been MUCH better. Bacara needs a serious upgrade. Wouldn't take much either. Use a #41 body, swap out the helmets, add the Kama (skirt), and shoulder strap armor and bam. New enough Bacara to buy. This can almost be done anyway with a #41. I think it's the Helmet that just doesn't quite fit right, IIRC.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 07:44 PM »
-Octuparra Droid...  Not sure where this was honestly.  I thought it was the droid ont he Mygeeto Bridge...  It's cool looking but having a place to place it would be nice.

Jesse, you can see them on Utapau, most notably in the background when Obi-Wan and Grievous are dueling and more visibly when the Clones are fighting the Crab Droids.  Also, even though it wasn't in the films, they were pretty visible during the invasion of Coruscant in the "Clone Wars" animated series.

They're similar to the Crab Droids, though, in that they have varying scales within the universe.  The larger ones are indeed on Mygeeto in ROTS, but the smaller ones are in the film, too.

And, as I've been complaining about it for a while, too, add me to the "NOW DO BACARA RIGHT!" chorus line.   :)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 09:50 PM »

The inaccurately painted helmet was the sticking point for just about everybody.

Even the armor was mispainted though, and the sidearm missing.  The new figure looks right on and looks to have a removable helmet to boot.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: August 1, 2007, 01:20 AM »

Even the armor was mispainted though, and the sidearm missing.  The new figure looks right on and looks to have a removable helmet to boot.

Add to the inaccurate helmet:

-Painted on suspenders
-No holsters/pouches on the thighs
-Inaccurate back

And yeah, the bad paint aps on the armor too.

I was more disappointed by the inaccurate sculpt than the paint applications though...  Painted-on suspender things?  meh...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 1, 2007, 01:51 AM »

Glad the coins are going away... useless pack in to me.  Not thrilled about THESE stands, why not "REAL STANDS" or just a consistent pack in that makes sense, like a build-a-figure pack-in?  I can't believe they still haven't done that for Star Wars.

2-1B - Liking it.  Glad they're making this version, guess for me he can double as the ESB version too... I want a few for customs as well.  Are those articulated knees I see there?   :)  Count me in for about 4 in total.

Po Nudo - Love it.  Bout time we get a new Separatist, and finally a new Aqualish!  Count me in for 2 for dioramas, and 2-3 more for customs.

41st Kashyyyk Trooper - I have about 10 of the old verison, glad I didn't get more.  I'll get about 10 of this new version. 

Octuparra Droid - YES!!!  Best of the wave.  I'll get about 10 of these.  And about half will be for oddball droid customs.  Definitely a surprise here.  OUTSTANDING HASBRO.

Gree - Glad he's being redone, but I'm ready to slap someone for giving him a removable helmet.  Now his helmet will look poofy like he has elephantitis uder that bucket of his.

:P

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 1, 2007, 11:54 AM »

Agreed. While I initally liked the Bacara figure, many clones have come after the release of that figure and have been MUCH better. Bacara needs a serious upgrade. Wouldn't take much either. Use a #41 body, swap out the helmets, add the Kama (skirt), and shoulder strap armor and bam. New enough Bacara to buy. This can almost be done anyway with a #41. I think it's the Helmet that just doesn't quite fit right, IIRC.

I cant agree more with this. I actually think they could do a better Bacara with an Evolutions body. Just repaint the kama, give him the right pauldron, and a removable helmet. There, an easy Bacara. DO IT, HASBRO!

I couldn't help but notice only five figures in this wave...maybe there's more, including that Bacara.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 1, 2007, 12:29 PM »
Im surprised by the the fast retool on the Kashyyyk Trooper and Gree. I'll be picking those up and turning the previous ones into other troopers. The Po Nudo is going to be good custom fodder. Looking forward to the droids as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 1, 2007, 02:12 PM »
I NEVER thought Gree would get a resculpt. I figure, since he's such an obscure Clone, that Hasbro would think his ROTS figure to be good enough. Same with Bacara. I guess there's hope for him too.