Author Topic: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 84664 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 06:58 PM »
I didn't mean the  ::). I'm excited about those, plus I never picked up a TSC Trooper. So I lucked out.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 07:54 PM »
I really don't get Hasbro though.  I love the look of the new Gree and Elite Kashyyyk clone.  But seriously, they just came out recently.  Why couldn't Hasbro do it right the first time?  It doesn't make any sense.  They were making accurately sculpted 14 point-articulated figures a year ago when they did the Elite clone, and during EIII when Gree came out.  Why didn't they just do it right the first time?  Very annoying.

Because they made money on them the first time, even though inaccurate, now they'll make even more money, with accurate sculpts, from geeks like us hunting them down all over again.

Maybe.  But they have the license through 2018.  There are tons of characters who haven't been made yet.  There's no shortage of ideas or material.  They could have just as easily done Gree and the Elite Clone correctly in '05 and '06 and then in 2008 Wave 1 done, oh I dunno, pick any 2 names...Yarna and Roth Del Masona for example.

I just think there are some creators of these figures at Hasbro that suck.  I can support this theory by looking at the likenesses of main characters like Mace Windu, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia etc.  Look at their faces.  Hasbro rarely gets that right.  Those characters very often don't even resemble their actor/actress.  I think the same goes for Gree and the Elite clone.  They could have gotten those figures right.  But I think they just suck sometimes.

Look at the Galactic Marine.  Airborne Trooper.   Slam dunks. They nailed those on the first try.  Somebody good at what he/she does created those.

If your theory is to be believed, we would have gotten crappier version of those figures so Hasbro could "make more money" when we buy the corrected version.

I agree with you Dressel so don't get me wrong or anything.  A lot of the stuff seems either laziness or just putting some money into one thing like a scout trooper/#41 clone repainted in camo and calling them troopers that they're not or don't resemble while putting more money into developing something that totally kicks A$$ like Hermie.  While Hasbro got the sculpt right on the Airborne & Marine I think they're just making the money by all the repaints on these 2 instead of just doing resculpts.  While Yarna there would sell I'm sure you're probably not going to buy multiples of here like you would a clone.  If you look at it you could give Endor Han removable arms and give him Bespin arms/Jacket and plain shirt arms and you could have your fill of Han from 2 different movies in 1 fig.  But they gotta keep us interested and buying till 2018 so they just keep changing it around. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 08:30 PM »
as much as i am excited for this wave...im still Pissed off at hasbro for screwing up on this years collection. 7 months in and still no wave 3 to be found at all!! this is ridiculous. how do they expect to release all of the rest of this years TAC? now we will be seeing tac until next year cutting into next years figures. heck at this rate i will be lucky to see wave 4.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 09:22 PM »
as much as i am excited for this wave...im still Pissed off at hasbro for screwing up on this years collection. 7 months in and still no wave 3 to be found at all!! this is ridiculous. how do they expect to release all of the rest of this years TAC? now we will be seeing tac until next year cutting into next years figures. heck at this rate i will be lucky to see wave 4.

They explained what the holdup was about at Celebration 4.  Their initial vendors on the coins seriously dropped the ball.  So much so that they had to find a new manufacturer for the coins AND implement the coin redemption program.  Their desire to do that signifies to me that they're trying to do right by us rather than ship shoddy product.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 09:40 PM »
Yay for the idea of passing up on that last rendition of the Elite Clone.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Well I for one did build up the first Elite clone. But I'll build this one up to.

I can just have the fighting in seperate areas, or have the inaccurate ones in the background partially hidden by foliage in a diorama.

I'm down for this whole wave.

I am really surprised that Hasbro would revisit the Kashyyyk clone so soon though. Well that's good fr me though as I planned on ending my army building by 2008. But for this fig, I'll make an exception. (There are only a rare few that I'll make that exception to.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2007, 03:36 AM »
I like the character selection in this wave.  An alien Senator/Seperatist, 2 droids and 2 Clones!  Who wouldn't be happy with a lineup like that?

Initial reactions? 
-I've been hoping for the 2-1B ever since he showed up in ROTS.  Well done!  And I think a slightly less shiny repaint would be a nice offering for TESB fans.
-Po Nudo - Looks good enough for a Senator/Seperatist.  Hopefully he doesn't pegwarm.
-Octuptarra Droid - YES!  Finally something for all of my Galactic Marines to fight!  I just hope it isn't undersized to get it in a Basic Figure package
-Kashyyyk Trooper - Cool.  Glad that Hasbro is revisiting this sooner than expected.  I bought a few of the first version, but these will look much better.
-Commander Gree - Nice to see that they're probably using the Evolutions Clone as the basis for this one.  The leg holster/pouch is a nice touch.  And the helmet looks way better!  I also hope they have the backpack.

But I also get the feeling that we haven't seen everything in this wave.  They've only shown 5 figures and none of them are core characters.  And 5 figures is also a pretty small wave.  We only have 1 wave of 5 in the entire 2007 lineup.  Plus, almost every wave we get has some sort of core character slotted in the lineup.  Certainly that's the case with the 2007 line.  I'm thinking that maybe we'll get a Darth Sidious in this lineup, but that's just a prediction.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2007, 08:52 AM »
Nice wave, really. Glad to finally get Po and Imp 2-1B.

As for complaints about bad face sculpts (and I'm one for that, too), just a devil's advocate: As an artist, it's easy to sculpt helmeted characters than a likeness of someone. At least it's been that way for me.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2007, 10:11 AM »
-Octuptarra Droid - YES!  Finally something for all of my Galactic Marines to fight!  I just hope it isn't undersized to get it in a Basic Figure package

You're thinking of the Tri-Droid, the Octuptarra Droid is a smaller version of it, the Octuptarra Droid is seen on Utapau in ROTS.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 10:11 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Really?  I could've sworn it was the same droid.  Go figure. ;D

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2007, 12:49 PM »
I'm hoping there are at least 2-3 more figures in this wave and I'm really hoping those three are Buns Padme, SA Senate Duel Emperor and Queen Organa

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2007, 12:51 PM »
I'm hopeing for a new Grievous, but we probably won't get one until The Clone Wars line.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:52 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 02:10 PM »
Imperial 2-1B is awesome... I like Po Nudo too. More comments later.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2007, 09:13 PM »
I'm so-so on this wave.  Waiting for it to grow on me.  I really like the new 2-1B, the rest I could take or leave.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 10:11 AM »
I knew we'd get a proper Kashyyyk trooper and properly painted Gree eventualy. I just didn't think I'd be so soon. Nice though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."