Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159540 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #315 on: February 17, 2008, 06:08 AM »
Hasbro thinking smart there with a more modular design...  Just change up the upper torso for one with boobies and they're set due to Luke's smaller frame overall.  I like it...  I like the snowspeeder pilot too, despite not getting a new torso himself.  I can accept that.  It's vastly superior to the pack-in we got of Zev.

Janson looks to have a new ball-jointed torso to me... Look at the official shot of him in the diorama. Unless it is from the VTSC luke with and added collar, it is definitely new. I'm going to be down for a few of the Rebel Pilot sets. The heads almost look slightly animated to me, but they still appear to be great figures. I'm really looking forward to these ones.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 06:08 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 17, 2008, 09:31 AM »
It looks to me that Ten Nuib uses the base TAC A-Wing pilot body (which is probably the reason why he is so tall compared to others of his species).

I had a feeling that they were going to do something like this with the B-Wing pilot since they put so much detail into the Tycho figure, it only made sense.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 17, 2008, 11:44 AM »
It looks to me that Ten Nuib uses the base TAC A-Wing pilot body (which is probably the reason why he is so tall compared to others of his species).

I had a feeling that they were going to do something like this with the B-Wing pilot since they put so much detail into the Tycho figure, it only made sense.

i dont know man his torso seems a lot different. i think they just re-used tychos legs.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 17, 2008, 01:46 PM »
One Padme set for me! I like it.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 17, 2008, 03:17 PM »
AOTC Padme is a vast improvement, but her torso articulation looks really poorly executed (like Trenchcoat Han) from that pic. That may be a problem.

The pilots, meh. I see it as some good Sullustan custom fodder, but that's about it. Who's the pilot with the boobs?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 17, 2008, 04:25 PM »
i dont know man his torso seems a lot different. i think they just re-used tychos legs.

You're right - sorry, I think Ten Nuib shares the same legs, harness straps, crotch and arms as Tycho, the only new pieces for the figure are the Torso, Head, Helmet and hose.

That's fine if you ask me, but it's also a valid explanation as to why Ten's a bit taller this go-around.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 17, 2008, 04:51 PM »

You're right - sorry, I think Ten Nuib shares the same legs, harness straps, crotch and arms as Tycho, the only new pieces for the figure are the Torso, Head, Helmet and hose.

That's fine if you ask me, but it's also a valid explanation as to why Ten's a bit taller this go-around.

lol im really not trying to be an ass or anything but i think those are new arms as well. Tychos gloves are shorter and the ball joint on the shoulders  are not that visible. and after looking even more closely on ten nuibs legs they are different from tycho. This looks to be an entirely new figure. even the strap is different as the leg pieces are not connected together.

you can also tell its different legs because tycho has what looks like dress shoes/boots on while Niub has shoe laces.

either way this only makes me want this set even more.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 17, 2008, 10:04 PM »
It's an all new figure. Look at this comparison:

Nothing about them are the same.
Besides deco being different the following are different:
gloves-note the wrinkles are different
boots-note the laces vs no laces
shoulders-"10" has no rounded areas for the republic symbol like Tycho does
The belts around their waists are completely different
straps are clearly different
chest panels are VASTLY different.
collar is open on 10 and closed on Tycho
helmets are of course different.

So this is an ALL NEW figure.

-Sal
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 11:48 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #323 on: February 17, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Nice job Sal! Good eye indeed!
(I love the photoshop gradient background, classic. I mean that in a nice way to!)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 17, 2008, 11:43 PM »
Nice job Sal! Good eye indeed!
(I love the photoshop gradient background, classic. I mean that in a nice way to!)

Thanks. I just wanted to throw in a quick background. It's the figures that are the main focal point of the graphic.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 17, 2008, 11:47 PM »
We can try this to take out the background:

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 17, 2008, 11:54 PM »
Ok - the comparison really helps.

If it's a completely new body then great! I'm all for it.

However, there is the bigger problem (no pun intended) - that Ten's a bit too tall for his race. But that's minor if it means we're going to get a red version of him with a human head at some point down the line.
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #327 on: February 18, 2008, 02:37 AM »
Given that this'll be my 3rd Sullustan pilot, and that the taller height (if it holds true with the final product) is a good translation to a human B-Winger in red that's average height, I'm ok with him being a little tall for his species. ;)

And hey, he'll have two now non-descript squad-mates on my shelf without making them look too different.

It's a decent figure, I just want a human already, in red...  Sheesh!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 18, 2008, 09:38 AM »
I just see Ten as the Yao Ming of his race. ::)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #329 on: February 18, 2008, 09:39 AM »
We can try this to take out the background:

NOOOO! Keep the gradient! It brings me back I loved it!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/