Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159340 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2008, 04:12 PM »
It will be nice to get a few new Padme outfits all at once.

I am stoked about this and I hope this set will have 3 all new outfits.

I'm interested in see who the Rebels will be. I can only guess one would be Wedge since he's a high-demand figure.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2008, 04:19 PM »

I'm pretty excited to see some confirmation on these sets. It will be nice to get a few new Padme outfits all at once.

I'm looking forward to adding the figures to my collection.  But realistically, how are these going to sell?  I saw that fireside Padme on a lot of wishlists for a long time, and they're already pegwarming in a serious way.  Maybe if these Padme's are more action oriented (unlike fireside Padme), and they don't ship in high quantities, we'll be okay.  But I saw A LOT of fireside Padmes at a number of stores the past few days.  That certainly doesn't serve as a strong indicator of widespread love for Padme.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2008, 04:20 PM »
I won't be surprised if the set actually ends up being a Padme-Leia-Jaina set. The set is called "Padme Legacy" and technically, Leia & Jaina are Padme's legacy. ;)

The Padme/Leia/Jaina set also better fits the pattern of mixing an EU figure in there like the other sets seem to be doing...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2008, 04:23 PM »
I won't be surprised if the set actually ends up being a Padme-Leia-Jaina set. The set is called "Padme Legacy" and technically, Leia & Jaina are Padme's legacy. ;)

The Padme/Leia/Jaina set also better fits the pattern of mixing an EU figure in there like the other sets seem to be doing...

SA SLave Leia!!! Well....one can hope, can't one, lol.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2008, 04:24 PM »
I'd actually dig a Jaina Solo figure but I'm thinking this will be a figure from each prequel.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2008, 04:31 PM »

That's the first I've heard of someone suggesting that... and I like it.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2008, 04:35 PM »
well didnt hasbro say they were trying to slot in another NJO figure in for this year? maybe jaina is said figure  :o
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2008, 05:25 PM »
I was always guessing this set would include:
Padme Naberrie
Padme arena
Padme Buns

While I would love the 3 above figures any trio of Padme does seem to be destined to be a dog on shelf like the Fireside Padme. Jeff's suggestion of Padme, Leia & Jaina makes more sense....

Maybe:
Padme Arena
Slave Leia (with hip articulation to lay down)
Jaina

That would be a cool set with more potential at shelf. Good specualtion Jeff!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2008, 09:12 PM »
Padme Evolution??!!  Padme!!??  Oh, thank you Gods-of-Star-Wars-Action-Figures!!!  All I want is a picnic Padme....can it please be Padme in any senate gown with the painted face, then PICNIC PADME and then Padme in any of her long pregnancy gowns?? - Please Gods-of-Hasbro...don't fail me now!!!!

*lights candles and sacrifices vinly cape jawa*
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2008, 09:16 PM »
*lights candles and sacrifices vinly cape jawa*

Ouch!  :P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2008, 09:29 PM »
For the Evo Padme, I'd like

EI Senate Address Padme

EII Picnic Padme

EIII Burial Gown Padme

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2008, 10:25 PM »
I hope it's an all-Padme set and not Padme, Leia, and Jaina, but I'm sure Hasbro would go that route.

I like your ideas, Jay, but for TPM I'd like this:

If not funeral Padme, then this one:

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2008, 08:03 AM »
New Evo Breakdowns:

Padme Amidala Legacy
Set of three collectible action figures based on characters from the Star Wars films includes Queen Amidala, Senator of Naboo and Mother of Legends figures.

Imperial Pilots Legacy
Set of three collectible action figures based on Imperial pilot characters from the Star Wars films includes Clone Pilot (Attack of the Clones), Clone Pilot (Revenge of the Sith) and Biggs Darklighter figures.

Rebellion Pilots Legacy #1
Set of three collectible action figures based on Rebellion pilot characters from the Star Wars films includes Dorovio Bold, Wes Janson and Ten Numb figures.

Rebellion Pilots Legacy #2
Set of three collectible action figures based on Rebel pilot characters from the Star Wars films includes Cesi “Doc” Eirriss, “Keyan “Lucky” Farlander, and Desin Ommis figures.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:04 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2008, 08:51 AM »
Dorovio Bold=female X-wing pilot from unused RotJ footage

Cesi “Doc” Eirriss=female Twilek X-wing pilot from an early Rogue Squadron comic set before ANH, in which she died

Desin Ommis=Hobbie's gunner in ESB

Wes Janson=Wedge's gunner in ESB

Ten Nunb=Sullustan B-Wing pilot

Keyan Farlander=player character from X-Wing games, he flew the Y-Wing that survived the attack on the Death Star

My guess is Keyan will actually be in B-Wing gear, since these others are all obvious headswap pairs.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Wow, good to have a credible idea on exactly which figures are to come. Too bad most to the pilot ones arn't ideal.

Imperial Pilots, I thought we already had an evo ATOC pilot and do we really need a SA ROTS one? The Biggs I can handle especially if he's in the TIE pilot outfit with removable helmet.

Rebs #1, Wes - yes, Bold - maybe, sounds good on paper, ten Numb, do we really need a third even if it's SA?

Bers #2, Doc - who? (yes I saw Muftak's post) Desin - yes, Lucky - as long as he's human, he'll be okay in my book.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."