Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159718 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2008, 04:37 PM »
the last padme looks to be missing an arm :-X :P
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #301 on: February 16, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Pre-Senate Padme!!   ;D  Snowspeeder Wedge?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 16, 2008, 06:24 PM »
Pre-Senate Padme is nice!

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2008, 08:31 PM »
Snowspeeder Wedge?

Not Wedge, but Janson.  ;D

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Good Padme set. I'll definitely buy one of these. Not sure about teh Rebel Pilot set. I don't want another Ten Nuib (or however you spell it).

EVO sets are pretty good this year. Value is holding at $20 sets so that's excellent.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Is it just me or does Ten Nuib look a little tall? Something tells me that we're going to get this exact same body with a human head and a smaller helmet packed in with the B-Wing vehicle that's exclusive to TRU.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2008, 09:05 PM »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2008, 09:11 PM »
The winner in the Padme set is the AOTC outfit that she wore during the back-half of the movie. We've needed a really good version of that outfit for some time and I'm glad we're getting it as part of the Evolutions set.

I am kinda disappointed by the other two though - I had hoped that whatever they did for TPM or ROTS, the outer "gowns" would be soft-goods to allow the figures to sit. I have a throne that is part of the Queen's Starship that has remained EMPTY for almost ten years now because they refuse to give us a version of Queen Amidala which is anything but a salt-shaker with some arms. So the Pre-Senate Gown Amidala is a bit of a let-down.

The night-gown Padme has thrown me completely, the scene where she has the bun-hairdo was what I was sure they were going to put in this set. I guess the night-gown scene was pretty important too, but again, since they couldn't sculpt a naked Padme and then make the night-gown soft-goods, I really don't feel that this figure is up-to-snuff when it comes to Evolutions/Vintage quality.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 10:19 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Wow, I just went from ZERO to Flip-flop in 2 seconds flat.

First glance of the Padme set I saw had me liking the set. And not liking the Rebel Pilot set.

Now I'm disappointed with the Padme set. I do like the AOTC version, but not so much the other two.

Yet I'm digging the female RebPilot and Janson.  The Fem Pilot gives us hopes for a Jaina Solo Reb Pilot.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 16, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Anu info on any other Evolution sets besides these?

Maybe a Confederacy Droids one? ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2008, 09:52 PM »
Anu info on any other Evolution sets besides these?

Nope, only the Padme and Rebel Pilots #1 were confirmed.  They did say there were two more coming, but would not confirm the rumored Imp Pilot or second Rebel Pilot sets.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 16, 2008, 10:55 PM »
Wow, that rebel pilots set is gorgeous!  Ten Nunb is colored like the outfit version seen in ROTJ production stills, but yeah, the one in the briefing scene standing near Wedge and Lando is red.  Still, he looks fantastic.  The female pilot looks to use VTSC Luke's body, and the headsculpt could be a man just the same, so I'm happy to throw her into a diorama too!

Also- just reminding anyone who wants to sell a Boba from the Fett pack, I'll take him!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 16, 2008, 11:08 PM »
Just like McDonald's, I'm loving it. The Padme set is fantastic, but I think they could have picked a better outfit for the ROTS version. Not complaining though since it's somewhat SA. The Rebel Pilots set is another winner, and it looks like we finally have an SA Snowspeeder pilot body, so start pumping out those Hoth pilots Hasbro! My one complaint about that set is that the X-Wing pilot's face looks kind of cartoonish.

Also, if it's supposed to be female, it doesn't look like much of one to me. Transvestite X-Wing Pilot? :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2008, 11:18 PM »
The female pilot looks to use VTSC Luke's body, and the headsculpt could be a man just the same, so I'm happy to throw her into a diorama too!

i dont remeber the VTSC luke to have miny knockers ::)

but yeah i thinks its just the same sculpt with a new torso. the set looks wicked and i defienatly cant wait to add it to my collection.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: February 17, 2008, 01:44 AM »
Hasbro thinking smart there with a more modular design...  Just change up the upper torso for one with boobies and they're set due to Luke's smaller frame overall.  I like it...  I like the snowspeeder pilot too, despite not getting a new torso himself.  I can accept that.  It's vastly superior to the pack-in we got of Zev.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77