Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159888 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #660 on: September 28, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Found my first Rebel Pilots v.2 set today. The Snowspeeder Pilot's kind of a turd, but the rest of the set is fabulous. It's kinda sad though that the red B-Wing Pilot (and Rebel Honor Guard) are the best Rebel army builders in the line at this point. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 29, 2008, 09:04 AM »
I think you can add A-Wing pilot to that list.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 30, 2008, 06:41 PM »
Indeed, I forgot about that one.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #663 on: September 30, 2008, 07:11 PM »
I think the snowspeeder pilots are excellent...  Why's everyone down on those guys?  I'll take 'em if you don't want 'em. :)  There were tons in the base, so it's one I'd definitely like more of.  I could've done without the mustache on the one guy but it adds some diversity.  They should've given us a black guy instead IMO, but whatever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 30, 2008, 07:35 PM »
Why's everyone down on those guys? I'll take 'em if you don't want 'em. :)

They're not terrible by any means, they just have a couple annoying problems like the wide leg stance. Also, on my mustache guy, his head pops off very easily and got stuck in the helmet when I tried to take it off. I dunno, it's a decent figure but not nearly as good as the other pilot figures in the two sets. :-\

You still can't have mine. :) I'm actually really enjoying the growing sea of orange (and red and white in smaller amounts) in my collection.

If/when I buy more Rebel Pilots sets, I will probably sell/trade my extra snowspeeder pilots and Twi'Leks.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 07:35 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #665 on: September 30, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Keep me in mind if you do...  I can always use more if I've got the extra scratch for them.

I have the same head pop-off problem on Hobbie and the mustache guy both...  I've had that on several figures actually, including some Clones and the guy in black from the Mandalorian sets...  That Mando's head is so damn big his helmet doesn't fit him and it always pops his head off trying to remove it if you force it on.  Very ****** designing on Hasbro's part there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 1, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Uh, Jesse, don't you know that Hasbro ALWAYS designs everything perfectly? It's the Chinese laborers who screw everything up. They've said so in their Q&A's multiple times, so it has to be true! ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #667 on: October 2, 2008, 01:04 AM »
Hmmmm...

No.  :)

Seriously though, I love removable helmets but Hasbro does make them a frustrating aspect to figures from time to time.  Fortunately it's fewer than greater, but it still is annoying.  The worst is that Mandalorian in the Black armor from the EE Mando sets...  That guy's hair is just a big pain, and I have no idea how they didn't think that would be an issue.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 2, 2008, 12:52 PM »
I love the Hoth pilots; except for the red B-Winger, those are my favorites from the set.  There is the issue of accuracy concerning the boots: apparently, only Luke wore the strapped snow boots (probably because they were from his Tauntaun riding outfit earlier in the film).  The pilots in the Echo base briefing with Leia are wearing the standard black pilot boots, and the snowspeeder boarding scene shows pilots climbing in their speeders (back behind Luke as he's boarding his own) with black boots as well.  Otherwise, they're great!  I like the fact that some wear the skullcap and others don't, in the briefing.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #669 on: October 2, 2008, 01:44 PM »
I love the snowspeeder pilots, too.  They're some of my favorite figures in the line.  Hopefully they crank some out on the single card, because I'd buy tons.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 2, 2008, 01:49 PM »
PM'd you Daigo.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #671 on: October 27, 2008, 04:47 PM »
I FINALLY found the Evolutions Rebel Pilots II pack today.  Granted, I haven't been out there searching every single day for it, but was glad to find it.

Three great figures!  I like them all.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 27, 2008, 06:55 PM »
I FINALLY found the Evolutions Rebel Pilots II pack today.  Granted, I haven't been out there searching every single day for it, but was glad to find it.

That was one tough puppy to find.  Granted I'm seeing the set a lot more now, but I think I only saw it once during the first two months of its release.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #673 on: October 27, 2008, 07:58 PM »
Yeah It's one I've been looking for a few more of but haven't had any luck finding. I've seen it once, back in July when I found two at the same store. That's been it for me so far. I did pick up another Red B-Wing pilot on the bay fro $8 including shipping and I may end up going that route for a few more. I sure hope that this figures gets an individual recard at some point in the not too distant future.
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 27, 2008, 09:44 PM »

That was one tough puppy to find.  Granted I'm seeing the set a lot more now, but I think I only saw it once during the first two months of its release.

Really? It was that hard to find? I found and purchased my set at Midnight Madness.