Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158653 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #690 on: December 6, 2008, 06:16 PM »
I don't know if I read that as exclusive.  But since retailers are kind of tight with how they allocate shelf space this could be problematic.  But TRU is probably the best option.  They've got the most shelf space to spare and they're good about stocking exclusives.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 8, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Kind of disappointing that these will be an exclusive of some sort, but getting more pilots is cool.  I don't know which retailer is best, I suppose it depends on the area.  WM has overall probably been the worst around here, some we get a good amount of - some we never see at all.  Target is usually pretty good around here, although some sell through rather quickly.  The Order 66 packs weren't a big problem to find, but things like vehicles (or these Evolution packs) tend to go a bit quicker.  TRU wouldn't be a bad choice I guess, if they can find room among the stuff from three years ago that's still there ;).

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 8, 2008, 10:35 AM »
I have the perfect solution.  KMart.  They never have it in stock, you can't find it mixed in with all the other toys, its more than anywhere else and to top it off, its not like they have other stuff on the shelf, so you can still be happy you got something for your trip to the store.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 8, 2008, 10:40 AM »
I have the perfect solution.  KMart.  They never have it in stock, you can't find it mixed in with all the other toys, its more than anywhere else and to top it off, its not like they have other stuff on the shelf, so you can still be happy you got something for your trip to the store.

Plus, if you're like me, you don't have one shorter than an hour away ;).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 8, 2008, 10:50 AM »

That close?  Lucky you.

I have no idea where the nearest K-Mart is to Dallas, but it's a long way.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 8, 2008, 10:53 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is one that close, although I guess I don't really know for sure.  It could be worse, I know.  Granted, I don't know that there would be any exclusive that would get me to go to K-Mart, it would have to be pretty darn spiffy.  Even then I'd be more likely to look for online help instead ;).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 8, 2008, 10:55 AM »

That close?  Lucky you.

I have no idea where the nearest K-Mart is to Dallas, but it's a long way.

There's one in Longview and one in Killeen.   ;)

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/StoreLocatorView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10104&langId=-1&adCell=AF&adCell=AF
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #697 on: December 8, 2008, 12:00 PM »
K-Mart, besides the outrageous inflated prices, would be actually good for me...  They're pretty prominent in Pittsburgh yet.  I've got two within 20 minutes.  KM is actually the ONLY "normal" department store I can just "pop" into in 5 minutes with ours up on the hill.  WM is a minimum of 20-25 minutes away for me, but I have like 4 of them in different directions that are that distance away...  Target's are further, closer to a half hour or 40 minutes, and TRU's are 45 to an hour away.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #698 on: December 8, 2008, 05:50 PM »
I think I would drive all the way out to Pawtuckett and leave a falming bag of poo on Hasbro's door step if these ended up a K-Mart exclsuive.

I really hope these new sets will be fairly easy to get a hold of, I have really enjoyed the pilot sets thus far. I'm looking forward to getting a few more of the Arvyl Crynyd style helmets if Green leader does in fact come with one. John D. should be nice. I always really liked his red helmet, and hopefully they go all out and it is a new SA pilot body, not just a rehash/kitbash of VOTC Luke.
"This is the way."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 14, 2009, 08:18 PM »
A look at the upcoming Evo sets in the presentation slides over at RS.  Look pretty nice.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 14, 2009, 08:28 PM »
The Rebel Pilots set is awesome. It also looks like they've given the Republic Commando knee and ankle articulation.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 14, 2009, 09:38 PM »
Looks like I'm not looking for OTC TIE Pilots anymore.   :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #702 on: February 14, 2009, 09:42 PM »
I just hope there are enough people interested in buying extras of those two Clone Pilots... I'll be down for one or two of them, but I want at least 9 TIE Pilots.
"This is the way."

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 14, 2009, 10:11 PM »
The Rebel Pilots set is awesome.

Okay, but is there info on who they are?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #704 on: February 14, 2009, 10:15 PM »
The Rebel Pilots set is awesome.

Okay, but is there info on who they are?

From RS:

Good News:
Rebel Pilots #3 = John D. Brannon (Red 4, Battle of Yavin), Jake Farrell (as Green Squadron Commander, Battle of Endor), and Shira Brie (EU Pilot, ?).

Bad News:
Due to delays, this last wave of EVO packs won't be available everywhere (aka they will probably be exclusives).  :-\

I think it's cool to see Red 4/John D make the list.  If the Wedge rumors hold out for 2009 also, we'll have had new figures for Red Leader, Red 2, Red 3, Red 4, and Red 5 in the past 3 years.  Does that mean Porkin's will be next?  :D

:)
"This is the way."