Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159183 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #795 on: September 1, 2009, 10:58 AM »
He also said he had to do some finagling to get them to bring them out of the back and to sell them to them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 1, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Anyone know what the price is on these?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 1, 2009, 11:57 AM »

Probably about $49.99 each.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 1, 2009, 12:03 PM »

Probably about $49.99 each.

Personally I'm not paying $.01 more than $27, because even that is $9 per figure and that is the absolute tipping point for me, then I'm out of this game.

I will however apply a clone cash coupon to get it down to my cutoff level if need be.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #799 on: September 1, 2009, 12:37 PM »
I bought the Pilot pack a few months ago, the heads sculpts are really nice with a lot of detail. As I mentioned in another thread the taller x-wing body can accommodate the EVO Biggs head to make an accurate scale SA Biggs. I will post the pic tonight. I plan on picking up two sets of each but will be trading off a few.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 1, 2009, 09:58 PM »

$21.76, so they're not really any more expensive than the regular Evolutions sets have been over the last few years.  Given how the Droid Factory two packs went up to 17 bucks, I was fully expecting to pay 30 for them.   :-\

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #801 on: September 1, 2009, 11:24 PM »
FYI -If anyone buys an extra Pilot set you can make the perfect SA X-Wing Biggs. Just get the TAC Biggs Helmet, Evo Biggs Head and Red 13 (or Wedges body). No drilling or paint needed, just a straight head pop:

« Last Edit: September 1, 2009, 11:27 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 2, 2009, 03:34 AM »

WALMART EMPLOYEES ARE MORONS.

I feel very secure in that statement.  Why?  Because I made the late night run up to a 24 hour super center tonight.  And sure enough, there was a bunch of SW freight ready to go out.    Including the Clone Wars figure 2-packs with Thire & Rys and Yoda & Jek.  Those rang up at $12.96 each.  I also spied a few cases of the new Evolutions 3-packs.  BTW, those pack out as follows:

$24.96 each
12 pieces per case
4 of each set (Rebel Pilots, Imperial Pilots & Commandos)

But guess what?  They weren't in the store's computer system.  I had heard that had happened at some other stores.  So I actually checked the tag on the box and figured out the unit price...just in case.

So the front end manager went to check out the situation.  And she came back telling me this insane story that "Oh, these shouldn't have been put out.  They're not supposed to go out before November 11th".  I saw that one coming.  Because Hasbro is now putting a label on their cases saying "Produced after November 11th, 2008" in response to all of the toy manufacture safety regulations.  When I told her that, she didn't budge.  And neither did the other manager who came over to team up on this potentially escalating incident.

So I wound up leaving with the Clone Wars 2-packs but no Evolutions.  And I'll probably go back tomorrow to find these out on the shelves.  Because the night crew at WalMart is full of lazy morons who don't know how to look up a UPC.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2009, 03:35 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 2, 2009, 10:46 AM »
I picked up these today. Had the same problem Nick did, but I got them to ring me up for what I thought the price of them were (I thought they were $21.96 each, not $24.96, oh well!)

They were out on the shelves, so as far as I was concerned they were fair game, shame on WalMart for not putting them into their computer system!

Kinda makes up for the $17/set raping I got on the WM Droid Factory sets I guess...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 2, 2009, 03:47 PM »
I guess I'll hit WM on the way home. 

Anybody with the Imperial Pilot set know if the Body of the Tie Pilot is different than the Biggs Tie Pilot body?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 2, 2009, 04:10 PM »
Completely agree on the WM employees. I had a long, painful phone call with one of their drones this morning, trying to check stock using the UPC code for the Y-Wing. I had to read it 3 times and she still could never find it.

Why do I get the feeling their stockroom is like that warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, filled with fabulous treasures locked away for all eternity from the eyes of man? (Due to moronic incompetence and sloth)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 2, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Picked these up from Wally today after a prolonged 20 minute debate as to whether they can be sold and what the price was.

Most of the cases were on a pallet but 1 was opened and placed on the shelf over a "Clone Wars Blaster $21.76" sticker, and I picked up all 3 sets for that price, $21.76 each.

They did not know what the actual price was supposed to be and nobody could figure it out.

At any rate, only opened up the Imperial pilots so far and they're cool figures.  Only complaint is that the V-Wing pilot helmet does not seat completely, the visor does not cover his eyeballs.  Slightly annoying, but not as annoying as buying these from Walmart this AM.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 2, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Great... more wal-mart exclusives.  It takes me 25 minutes now to get to the nearest one.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2009, 05:21 PM by Rob »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 2, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Anybody with the Imperial Pilot set know if the Body of the Tie Pilot is different than the Biggs Tie Pilot body?

Nope, same body; the only difference is in the coloring, as this version has a grayish bodysuit, as opposed to the total black bodysuit on Biggs.  The second belt (the one underneath the belt accessory) is also painted on the new TIE Pilot, so it looks like he has two silver belt buckles. :)

Is there anyone who has found these yet who hasn't had a major ordeal with the WM employees?  I won't go into details on my own experience trying to buy these, but long story short, it took me 30 minutes total across two trips, dealing with six different employees, a manager who refused to come out of his office to enter the UPC on either occasion, and some amazing evidence that the concept of evolution is fact, and it happened to pass over this particular Wal-Mart entirely.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 2, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Anyone know what the small gray/silver accessory is that comes with the Clone Commando set?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!