Author Topic: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion  (Read 49823 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 3, 2007, 04:31 PM »
JediDefender Forum Members are invited over to the 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Poll thread to post a list of the "top 10" figures they would most like to see Hasbro re-release in the Legends line.  Please read the whole post to be sure the figures you are voting for are eligible.

As stated in the poll thread, for the sake of making things easy for the staff, please post ONLY "top 10" lists in that thread.  Any discussion of lists or campaigning for certain figures should take place in this existing discussion thread.

Also, once again for the sake of making things easy, please limit your lists to TEN figures.  Ten figures, that's it - we don't care about any "runner-ups" or "honorable mentions".  If you vote for more than 10, the extras will be deleted.

Thanks, have fun voting, and good luck to your choices. :)

*And remember, don't bother voting for Evolutions figures.  Hasbro has already said that they are ineligible because the Evolution sets are coming back again in 2008.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 3, 2007, 04:48 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 3, 2007, 04:47 PM »
WOW. That was harder than I thought it would be. This vote really makes you realize how many GOOD figures Hasbro's created over the years.  :-\

My first five (Ephant Mon, Evo Anakin and Palps, Oola, and Ishi Tib) were very, very easy for me to come up with, but the last five were real toughies.

Keep in mind as you vote that this is a great oppurtunity to prove to Hasbro that there is enough collector demand to support an Ephant Mon re-release to hang out with Hermi. Anakin and Palps are two that I never was able to get, so that's why I voted for them, and hot Oola and cute Ishi Tib are just cool figures that deserve some more time on the pegs. Oola was actually never even on the pegs now that I think of it.

I also voted for Wulf Yularen because he's really the coolest figure in the briefing set (which I never got) that a lot of people, including myself, really wanted to see on a basic figure card. San Hill and Dengar are two figures I never got that I voted for mostly for myself because they are needed in two of my displays, and DSG I voted for because I could just use a lot more of him. Great army builder, and great custom fodder as well.

Well, enough about me, who did you guys vote for and why?
« Last Edit: August 3, 2007, 05:00 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: August 3, 2007, 04:49 PM »
Anakin and Palps are two that I never was able to get, so that's why I voted for them

Remember, Hasbro has already said that the Evolutions figures are ineligible because the Evolution sets are coming back again in 2008.  Might want to edit your list...  ;)

Some figures will not be eligible because tooling is not available at the time due to their use in upcoming products. This includes any figures from the previous (2005) Evolution packs among others that may not be available.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2007, 04:50 PM by Jeff »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 3, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Yep, I got your PM. Thanks!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 3, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Well, I changed the list. My mistake was really for the better, or else I probably wouldn't have gone back and remembered Graxol, who is now my #4.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: August 3, 2007, 05:07 PM »

I really want to buy oodles of this Chewbacca.  I have 2...I want like 12 to fill out my ANH and ESB scenes.  Vote Chewbacca Early Bird :) :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: August 3, 2007, 05:10 PM »
EB Chewie (And VOTC) are really among Hasbro's finest figures ever made as far as I'm concerned.  A good vote there if it's made...  I'm debating who I'm going to vote for right now though.  I have some tough choices to make I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 3, 2007, 06:27 PM »
I found it really difficult to find even five figures I could stomach seeing or buying again.  I wound up going with more than a few army builders (8 out of 10 on my list are army builders), and even that was a bit of a stretch. 

I wound up including Commander Appo on the list for the simple fact that I envision the eventual Saga Legends release of the "running change" SA 501st Trooper to be a pain in the ass to find, and I'd really like to at least have a small squad of SA 501sts.  And, in all honesty, I included Ephant Mon just out of spite, after Hasbro's comment about "dreading" rereleasing him a while back. 

The hardest part about coming up with the list was not being able to vote for the ROTS Evolutions/Tin Anakin.  I've been trying to get one to replace the crappy action-feature laden Anakin in the green JSF for almost a year now, but it's been entirely cost prohibitive to do so.  Looks like I'll be trying to track down the Evolutions set when it's rereleased. 

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 3, 2007, 06:48 PM »
The Peppers top 5
1.Coleman Trebor
2.Barriss Offee
3.Sly Moore
4.Rodian Jedi Knight (from jedi knight army)
5.Asajj Ventress
I suck.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Poll
« Reply #24 on: August 3, 2007, 10:17 PM »
Are Star Tours figures eligible? I'll have to redo my list if so.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Poll
« Reply #25 on: August 3, 2007, 11:00 PM »
Are Star Tours figures eligible? I'll have to redo my list if so.

I will send Hasbro a question and see if they can clarify that for you.  I will post if/when I get an answer back from them...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 4, 2007, 12:43 AM »
Here's one figure that I'd actually campaign for...

EPISODE I Gungan Warrior from the Fambaa creature pack

This is probably one of the more scarce figures in the entire modern line since the Fambaa wasn't widely purchased, and this figure was only available in that set.  So bolster the ranks of your Gungan army with this fella!

« Last Edit: August 4, 2007, 12:45 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 4, 2007, 01:50 AM »
I think I take these lists too seriously because, honestly, I read some of the figures that people vote for and I fear for the future of mankind.  Some people can't even follow relatively simple instructions plus I've already seen multiple lists with figures from THIS YEAR that haven't shipped yet. 

And here's a question, I've seen lists with all 4 Delta Squad RC figures on it.  Just from a math standpoint, why, when you can buy the set on-line now for $33.99+shipping for 7 figures, would you rather buy 4 on single cards for $27.96+tax (Target price)?  FAIL.

I didn't vote for figures that really need re-sculpts such as Uncle Owen, Dr. Evazan and Zuckuss.  I don't want Hasbro to re-pack them next year and delay them making the short list for new figures.

And also, I like Clone Troopers as much as the next guy but lists with all 5 (or 10 on some sites) being various Clone decos?  Come on.

For the record, my top 5 (I did post a list of 10 in the other thread) are:
Graxol Kelvyyn
Lama Su w/ Clone Child
R2-R9 from the Tin set
Star Tours R5-D2
VOTC Luke Skywalker Tatooine.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 4, 2007, 03:17 AM »
I couldn't even come up with five figures I would like to see repack/repaint of. There are too many I want redone over see something again. Maybe some kitbash figure would be cool, but again is this a Legends wave so that is out.

I find it crazy to see some many picking POTF2 figures :o. There is not one POTF2 figure I would like to see back on the shelves. Even the Darktrooper is crossing the line, but I want ot get one to customize. Not a total loss, but I can't see getting any more than one. Some of the Star Tours Droids would be cool to see again. Many custom fodder there, so I would welcome them. I don't know my collection has changed so much over the past couple years. If they were doing this back in 2004 I might have something different to say, but as it stands now I'm not liking this Legends line very much. I have only bought 4 figures in this line so far and I can't see many more that I would like to have. See the Legends 501st Trooper today and it's the AT-TE Gunner body still. I though this one was going to be the 41 style body, oh well just another I can skip on along with many others.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 4, 2007, 09:37 AM »
This poll could be good for business. 5 or 6 people, at least, signed up just to add their top ten.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."