Author Topic: Hasbro Mighty Muggs  (Read 58787 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Mighty Muggs
« Reply #270 on: May 1, 2009, 12:39 PM »
I hadn't seen this yet!

From the Yoda's News Q&A:

YN: A lot of people were sad to hear that the Mighty Muggs will be TRU Exclusives this fall, can you give us any more information on this? We heard from e-stores and Hasbro direct dealers that MM were a great seller. With a lot of collectors and kids not able to get to TRU in all areas will these also be sold on Hasbro's Website or TRU's site? Any chance they will come back to a broader release in 2010?

H: Despite fans of the format, Mighty Muggs seemed to appeal to a small but passionate minority of the overall Star Wars collecting audience compared to all our other Star Wars sub lines. There is no chance that Mighty Muggs, at least in the current size or format, will come back as a broader or national release. It is unknown whether TRU.com will be selling Mighty Muggs, but we'll pass on the encouragement. It will not be sold through HasbroToyShop.com.

:'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #271 on: May 7, 2009, 02:31 AM »
ugh... that is so sad. muggs were my favorite collectible.  Crazy too cause they seem to sell well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 7, 2009, 10:36 AM »
I haven't picked up a ton of these, but did order the Scout Trooper (for me) and Wicket (for my daughter) via HTS and got those this week.  Although I couldn't really go all out with this line, I have to say it is too bad it is likely ending.  Both of these are pretty cool.  I think it may have been better at a smaller scale though.  I know a lot of the reason I didn't get a whole lot of them was due to the display space they take up, and the $10 pricetag.  Really liking the Scout Trooper though, but I've always liked that design.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2009, 12:41 PM »
Saw these (back) at TRU over the weekend.  SW, TF, Marvel...Didn't look like anything "new" though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Yeah, lots o lots o Tarkin.  I'd be cool if someone made him into the various Imperials from the first death star.....
I am not the Stig

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 13, 2009, 08:20 PM »
I'm thinking of dumping most of mine.  I have almost a complete set but just don't care to finish it since they cut the line.  I was really hoping for some more.