Author Topic: Hasbro Mighty Muggs  (Read 58788 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Mighty Muggs
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2008, 12:20 AM »
I hope they make a Battle Droid one.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Unfortunately, I doubt a Battle Droid can be made to fit with the Mighty Mugg 'form.' :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2008, 11:05 AM »
If they took the head of the mold they could do a super battle droid.  But then it would be really short, but I think the Yoda and Chewbacca are the same height...
I am not the Stig

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Wow! Nice wave. It seems they are now coming with more accessories, 2 guns, 2 light sabers. I was really dissappointed in Bobba Fett coming with nothing. I would be more into the line if he had been better.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Unfortunately, I doubt a Battle Droid can be made to fit with the Mighty Mugg 'form.' :-\

If they can make a Grievous one they can make a Battle Droid. :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:39 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline pwee05

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2008, 08:17 PM »
I would like to talk about variants. I have seen alot of talk and some listings of variant stormtrooper and vader. There seems to be some disagreement. As far as I know, the vader variant has two dots for eyes not four, and the stripe on his helmet is more pronounced. However, I have seen the four dot vader listed as a variant! I am not even sure there is a stormie variant. The story with these seems to be that the variant has the pronounced grey shading on his face whereas the normal one has either very light shading or none at all. Does anyone have any insight into this that constitutes more than rumor? Mebbe we can ask hasbro?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2008, 09:31 AM »
I did notice they had some Wave 4 Muggs at Target this past weekend.  I believe I saw Grievous, Bespin Luke, and the Emperor.  Actually, it looks like HTS has some of these in stock and shipping as well.

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2008, 10:37 AM »
I posted this over on RS about a month ago, but have gotten zero help.  I am wanting the SDCC exclusive Mighty Muggs Commander Gree.  I am unable to attend SDCC because my job's busiest time is from June-August, plus I don't think my wife would understand why I need to fly to the west coast for a "toy show."   Anyway, if anybody is planning on attending and could pick me up one of these, I would really appreciate it.  I can pay you for the item and for shipping to Texas.  Shoot me a pm if you're able to help...

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:38 AM by bamaker »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2008, 11:00 AM »
If it's a Hasbro exclusive item, I wouldn't sweat it all that much.  The trend recently has been for these things to go up for sale at HTS.com a couple of weeks after the show.  Even without attending I don't think you'll have a very hard time finding this.  I know I don't worry about anything Hasbro makes as an exclusive anymore. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline pwee05

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2008, 04:17 PM »
I pre-ordered the commander gree sdcc mighty mugg through ebay express.  The seller's ebay id is phillips-r-us. I don't know if they will be able to get more than one but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

My Star Wars Mighty Muggs (so far)

Mace Windu
Lando
Jango
Boba
Vader (non-variant)
Cody
Obi-Wan
Bespin Luke
Tatooine Luke
Stormtrooper (variant)
Leia
Darth Maul
Grievous
C-3PO
Yoda
Chewie (in the mail)
Han (in the mail)
Palpatine (in the mail)
Stormtrooper (non- variant in the mail)
Commander Gree (pre-ordered)

That's every one so far except for variant Vader!!!

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I would like to talk about variants. I have seen alot of talk and some listings of variant stormtrooper and vader. There seems to be some disagreement. As far as I know, the vader variant has two dots for eyes not four, and the stripe on his helmet is more pronounced. However, I have seen the four dot vader listed as a variant! I am not even sure there is a stormie variant. The story with these seems to be that the variant has the pronounced grey shading on his face whereas the normal one has either very light shading or none at all. Does anyone have any insight into this that constitutes more than rumor? Mebbe we can ask hasbro?

I'm not so sure it's actually a variant on the Vader. I think the first one had the extra set of eye dots that made it confusing to look at. So the way I see it is the 4 dots is an error and the 2 dots is the correction. Not exactly an intentional variant in my opinon.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline pwee05

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2008, 10:10 PM »
This may be the answer to the variant question courtesy or our friends at rebelscum. According to this, punkinhead is correct, and the four dotter is the error/variant. Furthermore, no mention of a stormie variant.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 05:20 PM by pwee05 »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2008, 10:55 PM »
I found and bought Leia today...I know I say this every time I buy a new Mugg, but WOW. This is a really good one! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2008, 04:06 PM »
I love these guys. i have all of them so far except Yoda and bespin Luke. I've seen bespin Luke a few times, but I'm waiting to see both of them together so i can use a target $5 off coupon :)

The next clone wars wave looks really great. pretty hyped for dooku and ventress.

My wish list for the next wave would be

-Tusken Raider
-Old Ben Kenobi
-bossk
-ig-88

Offline pwee05

• Youngling
    • View Profile
YIPPEEE!
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2008, 07:29 PM »
I'VE GOT BOTH VERSIONS OF VADER!!!