Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 121386 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #135 on: November 5, 2007, 09:22 PM »
AD Peterson is something else. The Vikes were lucky he fell to them.  They probably would be winless or have 1 win without him.  He is by far the most fun player to watch in the NFL. 

Adrian Peterson runs with no regard for human life.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: November 5, 2007, 11:09 PM »
Anyone watching MNF?

Whoa mama. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 5, 2007, 11:19 PM »
Isn't that a Pittsburgh spanking in a snowstorm?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 5, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Isn't that a Pittsburgh spanking in a snowstorm?

It was raining earlier, but cleared up by end of the first half.  38 to 7 trouncing by the Steelers, and once again Todd Heap did not play, runinging my chances of scoring a single fantasy point.  I hate you Todd Heap.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: November 6, 2007, 02:31 AM »
Yeah, no snow...  Not even close to snowing here yet really.  Barely dipped out of the 40's, especially by that hour...  I think it might've hit 39 around midnight, but it was real clear early on, especially down in the city...  Weather's never an excuse though to me.  We just went BB gun huntin' for Ravens tonight.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 6, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Okay, no snow. I guess from the picture I saw, the rain looked like snow.  :-\ I guess I just wanted to share in the snow flurry excitement we got her in the Twin Cities. So I guess I was a partially correct. It was just a spanking. Can't say much though. My Eagles got spanked too.  >:( Damn Cowboys and T.O.!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 6, 2007, 09:31 AM by Darth Vlad »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: November 6, 2007, 04:43 PM »
We got our first flurries today...  Election day's often a time of the first snow here anymore.  I remember when I was little that we'd have snow for Halloween every year, now it's rare for a white Christmas.  Oh well.

A lot of people make a lot of the weather in football, and I just don't understand it...  People are already saying how the Steelers would nullify a weather advantage if they go against the pats in the playoffs and stuff.  To me it's just a non-issue I guess.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2007, 02:49 AM »
Steelers looked like **** for the first half, and that sucked.  I was continually hoping for the turn-around, and I knew they could do it, and low and behold they did!  Come from behind win over the Browns.  Nothing beats the coverage zooming in on Browns fans who managed to get tickets to the game, just sitting there all dejected.  Outstanding stuff.

And I think people who say Roethlisberger isn't among the elite QB's are just among the "we hate the Steelers" crowd at this point.  He proved today how he can take control of a game himself I believe.  The Brownies are anything but a lame team, and they weren't the same team we played in the opener.  Good game to watch for sure, especially if you're from the 'burgh. ;)

And holy cow is James Harrison a beast...  I always liked the guy, but he was always in other player's shadows more or less.  This year though he's really stepped up.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2007, 03:52 AM »
And I think people who say Roethlisberger isn't among the elite QB's are just among the "we hate the Steelers" crowd at this point.

Well, of course he's amongst the elite QBs of the NFL. 

(You don't think Tom Brady's shoes are gonna shine themselves, do ya?)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 06:00 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2007, 05:59 PM »
What a lame MNF game scheduled for tonight...won't even bother after last night's Twilight Zone'ish game.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2007, 08:34 PM »
I always knew that photo of you with the dog-like mask meant you were part of the Brown's "Dog Pound".  Typical shenanigans from that crowd out of you.  ::)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2007, 12:54 AM »
I always knew that photo of you with the dog-like mask meant you were part of the Brown's "Dog Pound".  Typical shenanigans from that crowd out of you.  ::)

It wasn't a dog; it was a bear.  Because I'm a huge Chicago Bears fan.

But, speaking of the Browns, I just took them to the Super Bowl!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 12:55 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2007, 02:03 AM »
Oh, ok...  I never did realize what that was, so ya learn something new every day.  Still, looks like a dog mask to me.  You closet brownie.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2007, 08:31 AM »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2007, 05:11 AM »
Oh man did the Steelers suck...  And as with the 2 previous losses, the secondary wasn't there at all, and the Offensive Line crumbled like a sandcastle at high tide.  Roethlisberger scrambles nifty and all, but he got his ass chewed up today...  And it sucked royally losing to a team that, once again, we basically handed the game over to them. 

In other NFL news...  Man, those Pats are just insane, but I still have to agree that it's dickish going for it (twice) on 4th and 1 when you're already blowing a team out, and you don't even run it...  Twice going to the air.  They're just screaming for some team to take a cheap shot on their starters I think...  I think I'd be cautious of that kind of outcome, but that's me.  The way THEIR line held stuff together though, Brady could be a second-rate QB and still have the stats he does...  The guy's feet rarely move, much less actually running from someone.  He's got a fort of rock around him with that line...  THAT is some incredibly good football going on there.