Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 122180 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2007, 10:15 PM »

Meanwhile, the Patriots are 5 games away from shutting those moronic 14-0 Dolphins players up - and I really really really hope it happens.

I think its a foregone conclusion at this point.  I had high hopes for the Steelers, but they can't even seem to get a FG against lowly Miami, so I'm sure the Patsies will go undefeated this season.  I really hope some team proves me wrong though - I'd hate to see Cocky Brady and Dandy Randy touting their undefeated season for the next 30-40 years.  ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2007, 10:26 PM »
I hope that game against the eagles put that fear of losing their undefeated seaon in them. They did look a little dejected after Philly took the lead. So, the Pats aren't a solid team, IMO. There is a weakness despite their record. And maybe the Colts could do it. they had a few injuries when they played earlier (weren't they missing like 5-6 starters? I know Dallas Clark was out).

Anyway, missed the Vikings-Giants game since I was on the road. Man, i wish i could have seen Eli get took 3 times. Glad to see my "home" team beat them. Maybe the Giants will be demoralized even more when Philly evens the score in 2 weeks.

Did catch the end of that Bears game. That was quite a game! I was in awe of all the spectacular plays being made! That was a fun one to watch!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2007, 11:25 PM »
I still think the Steelers can give the pats a run for their money, based simply on earlier games...  I mean, we've handily beat BETTER teams than the Jets (who we lost to), and the Dolphins, who we seemingly cannot do jack **** with tonight...

The question is whether our O-Line decides to step up and actually play ball or not...  And last week, they didn't.  Tonight, they aren't...  Against the Cardinals, they didn't...  Against Denver, they didnt...  And those were all our losses aside from (so far) tonight's game.  But 0-0 with the Dolphins is as much a wake-up call that your line isn't worth a piss sometimes as anything. 

I mean, as I typed this, 3rd and inside the 10, and Roethlisberger's scrambling, avoiding 3 defenders, only to be tackled at about the line of scrimage...  The line sucks.

And Allen Faneca thinks he should get huge dollars?  Uh...  Not with the 2007 performance, no...  And his stock is I think hurt by performances like this, along with the rest of the line.  They just aren't what they once were I guess.   :-\  As a Steelers fan for life, I'm pissed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2007, 11:31 PM »
Wow. Quite the barn-burner tonight. I'm supprised the scoreboard operator could keep up...
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2007, 11:48 PM »
So, the Pats aren't a solid team, IMO.

If they aren't, then who is?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2007, 12:09 AM »
My money is on Peyton Manning in a showdown vs. the Pats in a potential AFC championship game.

Really going out on a limb here aren't you...?   ::)       

Dammit Matt.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:10 AM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2007, 12:15 AM »
Wow. Quite the barn-burner tonight. I'm supprised the scoreboard operator could keep up...

Seriously...

As games go it wasn't bad to watch if you appreciate defense.  Pittsburgh line holds its ground though, and it would've been a blowout in ugly weather.

The best part of the game was the punt that just stuck in the ground.  You don't see that every day...

I'm the last guy to blame weather, but it had to play a factor in this game (coupled with the douchebaggery of playing the WPIAL playoffs and a Pitt game on the field over the weekend, and some dip trying to resod the entire field yesterday).  I mean...  The way the ball just died was funny, but it really showed just how utter **** the gameplay must be down there.  We've got flooding going on, tons of rain...  Wish we could've sent some out west for the folks that need it, or down south to the folks in GA.

The mantra all night's been...  "If this were snow...", heh.  :)  I wish it was...  Love that kind of panic/chaos that would've ensued around here.

Anyway, weather aside, the Steelers played like ****, and it's frustrating to watch...  Miami busted ass getting penetration though too, and gave it a good effort.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2007, 12:18 AM »
My money is on Peyton Manning in a showdown vs. the Pats in a potential AFC championship game.

Dammit Matt.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2007, 01:39 AM »

Dammit Matt.

Okay, so you guys also think the Colts will beat the Pats if they meet in the AFC game?

I don't get it.  Rob's being such a Pats-hag I'd have thought differently.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2007, 08:27 AM »
So, the Pats aren't a solid team, IMO.

If they aren't, then who is?

No one.  ;)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that Sean Taylor died this morning?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that Sean Taylor died this morning?

Well, someone is.  Its pretty tragic, but I haven't heard many details.  Did the robers think that he was gone and traveling with the team?  Is there speculation that something bigger was going down?  Either way, its sad.  :(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2007, 11:57 AM »
Weird turn of events.  I guess the guy broke in last week and left a knife behind and then came back this weekend when everybody was home.

Taylor attempted to defend himself (and I can only assume, his child and wife) with a machette and as you know, got shot in the leg. 

I still can't believe he died from a gunshot to the leg.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2007, 11:59 AM »
and it would've been a blowout in ugly weather.

???
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:59 AM by ruiner »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Weird turn of events.  I guess the guy broke in last week and left a knife behind and then came back this weekend when everybody was home.

Taylor attempted to defend himself (and I can only assume, his child and wife) with a machette and as you know, got shot in the leg. 

I still can't believe he died from a gunshot to the leg.

I'm starting to wonder if it was even a guy.

Someone breaks into his house the week before and leaves a knife on the bed.

Then someone cuts the phone lines, breaks in, and shoots him in the leg, and I've heard it was the groin.

Almost sounds like crazy ex-girlfriend to me.

But who the hell knows... could be anything.  A guy at a Bucs message board I use that have ties to Miami area is saying that he's got a reliable source that says there is much more to the story that is going to come out (and given his previous postings I'd say he's reasonably connected and reliable).