Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 121625 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #210 on: December 4, 2007, 12:36 AM »
Great game. 
It was unfortunate to see all of the boneheaded penalties at the end there.  Seeing that the Ravens came up three yards short, I bet they would've loved to have those 35 penalty yards back that were assessed on the kickoff.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 4, 2007, 10:47 AM »
They still started at the 20 after the easy touch-back... so maybe they'd have gotten a big return, but it's not like the penalties led to them being backed up at their own 5.

They made boneheaded penalties all game long.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 4, 2007, 02:37 PM »
They still started at the 20 after the easy touch-back... so maybe they'd have gotten a big return, but it's not like the penalties led to them being backed up at their own 5.

They made boneheaded penalties all game long.

True ... but if the kickoff came from the regular spot, they at least would've had a chance for a return ... especially with the way the wind was shifting.  Two yards is two yards.  Any little bit would help. 
I love watching athletes lose their ****.  It rarely turns out positively for them or their team.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #213 on: December 5, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 5, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Vikings defensive end suspended by NFL for steroids[/img]
 ::)

You never get crap like that with the Packers Jay.  Time for you to convert to the Green n' Gold.   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #215 on: December 5, 2007, 05:54 PM »

Never... ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 5, 2007, 11:30 PM »
Pain killers = steroids?  I didn't realize the educational system in Minnesota was so bad.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 6, 2007, 01:42 PM »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 6, 2007, 02:41 PM »
Week 14 TV Maps:

CBS Early Game

CBS Late Game

Fox Single Game

Sweet - both the Packers and Vikings are showing for a change!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 7, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Please tell me nobody watched that Bears "game" last night...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 7, 2007, 12:34 PM »
Please tell me nobody watched that Bears "game" last night...

Kind of sad, but I actually forgot that it was on.  :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 8, 2007, 01:21 AM »
Week 14 TV Maps:

CBS Early Game

CBS Late Game

Fox Single Game

God I hate being lumped in with the Houston TV network. First they don't give us Colts/Patriots a few weeks back, now we don't even get the CBS early game, and have to watch the Texans/TB game on Fox instead of the Cowboys/Detroit. Lame.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #222 on: December 9, 2007, 11:25 PM »
Welp, it isn't the Steelers that are gonna stop the Pats, at least not in the regular season anyway, so there went that...  Though it's been weaker teams that gave them a run for their money, so I don't think they're out of the woods by a longshot.

Pitt's offense was sharp for the most part, but man the secondary ate it...  One can say we were down a pro bowl safety, but that's bull****...  They just chewed us up at times.  It really was a closer game than the score showed I think, so there was that much positive to be looked at...  But that was about it for a Steeler's fan.   :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Ok, Yesterday was the final straw for me on something that has been a part of NFL the last several years and it is getting worse (in my opinion)..

If I see another beg for a pass interference call, I will go crazy.  It happens with every team, even the ones I root for, but yesterday, I swear the Detroit Lions begged, whined, cryed, lobbied and pouted for pass interference calls on every single play.  I haven't watched the game film to determine that yet, so it may not have been done on Every play, but I'll let you know.

The animated gestures with the mimic of throwing the flag are my new pet peeve I guess.  It annoys me in all levels of the game (not just pro, since I saw PeeWee kids and the 15 coaches on their sideline do it 3 weeks ago).  I am not making the "role model" argument either, it is just an observation.  It is all teams, all positions (yes I saw a lineman yesterday do it).  I don't mind the coach yelling at the refs, it is his job, but when 3rd wide receiver from the opposite side of the field comes running to the back judge looking like he is trying to sprinkle fairy dust from his hip pouch it gets on my nerves. 

Yes I am old.  I'm not even sure I think it is bad sportsmanship (it may be) it is just annoying.

Now don't get me wrong...in a month and a half when we don't have football, I'll miss the whiny ass receivers, but for now, not so much.  Maybe I was pre-disposed to a bad mood, since I didn't get to watch any College Football on Saturday.

Next week's rant:  The New "Delay of Game" 5 yard penalty.  Holy crap that thing is so lame.  Case in point, a Detroit Lion player is ON THE GROUND after being tackled and in frustration slams the ball on the ground (not spiked as it was still in his hand), it bounces away from him as he gets up...FLAG 5 yards delay of game.  I would have felt sorry for him if the other 10 players on offense had not been looking for a "Pass Inteference" call.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 10, 2007, 10:30 AM »
That's because the Lions, and Jon Kitna in particular, are a pack of whining bitches.