Author Topic: Magician David Copperfield.  (Read 2572 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Magician David Copperfield.
« on: December 7, 2002, 06:02 PM »
I just got from seeing Magician David Copperfield here in Edmonton. This is the 5th time I have seen him live & in person. I must say if you have not seen him perform in person, go see him if he comes around.

The show was just over 1 1/2 hrs. Being a layman magician myself, I have an understanding of what goes on. But let me tell you, there are Illusions that still baffle me as I saw today. The audience had fum as myself. He performed various stage, close-up & comedy magic. A true entertainer.
From a card trick with alive Scorpion to Webster the duck. Passing his body through a solid steel plate to appearing from nowhere.
He made a real car appear on stage & vanished randomly picked members from the audience.

One of his Illusions called Portal, transports induviduals from the stage to a place of there dreams within seconds. This place was Hawaii. I was sitting in row 14 of the main floor just off to the right. A large platform with an audience member & Copperfield on it was move out above the audience & a curtain was drapped over them. Within seconds the curtain was pulled away & they vanished. Well let me tell you, you could see all around the platform & it did not vibrate with any movement. That platform was about 6 feet from me. Poof they are gone. Wow.  :o

Though all Illusion & Misdirection, it is amazing to see this live & in front of your face.

Just thought I would share this with you. It was really entertaining.

Now if I could only use magic to get the Star Wars collectibles that I want.  ;)

Chris Belle

Re:Magician David Copperfield.
« Reply #1 on: December 7, 2002, 10:30 PM »
Wouldn't the be using the Force?  For evil?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 8, 2002, 03:36 AM »
Wouldn't the be using the Force?  For evil?

No. The Force & magic are different.  ;)

Offline Obi-Juan

• Youngling
  • Don't make me Pimp Smack you Vader!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2002, 05:05 AM »
Hard to see the Dark Side is.
Pimp-Jedi.