Author Topic: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack  (Read 98638 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2007, 09:42 AM »
This is turning out to be a pretty nice pack.  I definitely want to pick at least one up, unless the price is too outrageous.  I like the nostalgia of the Han repaint, the Luke is new-ish, and we can always use more of the VTSC Snowtroopers.  The Derlin repaint is ok with me too, although I'm not all that excited about the short Hoth soldier (man do we need some all-new, SA rebel troops).  I have one AT-ST, but I'd happily take another one, and I never did have the Turret, so that's a welcome addition.  Really a nice pack overall.  The pricepoint will be the thing.  If it is $50 or 60, that would be ok, but much more it might be tough for me to get.  Like someone mentioned, imagine finding these on a classic Target clearance ;).  I kind of hope the Endor pack that JD previewed as well might be something along these lines too.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2007, 09:45 AM »
Since it is a Target exclusive, there is a good chance some of us can wait for it to go on clearance.  The other two high-priced Target exclusives I remember recently (Snowspeeder and Imperial Shuttle) went on clearance in my area for a couple of weeks.  There was plenty to be found, and were marked down $20 for the Shuttle, and $5-10 for the snowspeder.

I like the set, and since I only have one VTSC Snowtrooper, I'd be happy with the two additional troopers.  I've never owned (new or vintage) a Walker or driver, so that would be something completely new to me.  The kit-bashed Luke is also cool with me.  The turret, repainted VTAC Han, and two rebels are not as attractive.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2007, 09:49 AM »
I am getting at least two of this set. I don't have a turret or an AT-ST, and I like having new (repainted, yes) Rebels for my snowtroopers to fight. But the best part of this set for me are the two snowtroopers! I never found these at retail except for one, and I think it's up there with the best action figures ever! So an easy way to get more of them, along with an AT-ST, is more than welcome.

Great set! Thank you Hasbro!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2007, 09:57 AM »
I wish it was just figures because i dont want the turret or vehicles. I may try to just get the 3 new figs on ebay.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2007, 11:33 AM »
Dear sweet Jesus this set is MINE. But where to get the money from...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2007, 11:45 AM »
But where to get the money from...

Sell a kidney on black market? Pimp yourself?  ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2007, 11:46 AM »
I still can't understand why the majority of the community is so happy about this set.  I'm ecstatic due to the boxed presentation, but I sure wouldn't be that happy with a big box of repaints if I were an opener.   :-\

I almost forgot about the turret.  I was thinking it was brand spankin new there for a minute.  I'm hoping the Endor set looks as jazzy as this one.

I can easily see this as a Black Friday deal for $60....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2007, 04:03 PM »
 :'(

Such a cool set and they just HAD to make it a target exclusive..you guys are lucky.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I agree that this is a mixed feelings kind of set.  I mean really, why the hell couldn't they update the AT-ST's "chin" cannons and the "ear" weapons?

On the positive side, a lot of what is in this set was stolen from me a few years back, so it would be nice to have, price and wallet willing.

On the negative side, on top of the inaccuracies of the AT-ST, will the turret have a base of some kind?  I sure hope so.  And, as always with figures that are in multi-packs, the quality control of the paint apps goes way downhill, and hopefully if there are enough of these to pick through, a pack can be found that doesn't have such horrid paint jobs.  I have found that, just because you find one, you better look it over before purchasing.

Damn, I was really hoping the AT-ST would have been updated....
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2007, 05:43 PM »
My only complaint is why the Saga2 Snow Trooper? Why not x3 VOTC versions. I would have like a couple of AT-ST parts updated but this is a killer set for $50! I will buy 2 mainly for the Turrets, I will trade some extras.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2007, 06:09 PM »
I'm glad that so many people are excited about this set, but I really can't muster up much, myself.  One of my hopes (and I thought it was a relatively grounded one based on what Hasbro has said about possibly doing one) was that a new AT-ST was in the pipeline for the next year or two, so seeing the same old vintage mold again with all of its inaccuracies is disappointing.  And whoever thought that reissuing the 2004 Hoth Rebel Soldier in ANY form was a good idea needs to be shunted off to do taste testing for lead paint on Mattel products.  (I assume that this is the same person who said, "Arena Padme, Deluxe Anakin, and Acklay Battle Obi-Wan?  GENIUS!")

But yeah, when the only thing that interests me is a Snowspeeder Luke kitbash out of a box of all this stuff, I think it's going to be an easy pass.  If anybody decides to sell off their loose Luke, let me know.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2007, 07:22 PM »
Yeah, it's a bunch of rehashes, and the AT-ST is still not quite accurate, but for the $50 price tag that's apparently been confirmed now, this is one helluva bargain.  You're talking a $30+ vehicle ($45 originally at TRU, IIRC), a $5 - $10 Turret, three $10 - $12 vintage figures, and five $6 - $7 basic figures (including a nice Luke kitbash)...  That's $95 - $126 worth of Hoth swag for the bargain basement price of just $49.99!  Not bad.  I'll definitely be picking several of them up, assuming they're easier to find than the Shuttle was last year (which I pulled off a stock cart, but NEVER saw on the shelves).  So kudos (from many of us) to Hasbro and Target for teaming up on such a great deal for folks here...

As for the lack of an update to the AT-ST, I'm guessing they're trying to squeeze just a little bit more out of the older POTF2 mold for this vehicle, before finally looking into updating it to something a little bigger and more accurate in the next few years.  Hopefully.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2007, 08:56 PM »
50$?

I'm in

When can we expect this? ???

DS

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2007, 09:03 PM »
All signs point to it being like the Shuttle was last year (in the ad & on an endcap), so sometime in November/December.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2007, 11:48 PM »
Where did this $50 figure materialize from?  I think it seems a little low all things considered.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback