Author Topic: Target "The Battle of Endor" Battle Pack  (Read 38210 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Target "The Battle of Endor" Battle Pack
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 03:03 PM »
You're right, it won't be the best time to spend $100 on yourself myself , so I might just pick one up for the oldest - he loves stormtroopers (of all varieties) and he could use his own vehicles.

Maybe he'll give me the Ewoks.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 03:22 PM »
If anyone wants to sell me just the ewok, and maybe the rolling log - let me know. :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 04:13 PM »
Dochee the ewok, huh?  I'd really like to see a better shot of that ewok in particular.  I'm just getting a little bit of a suspiscion that it might be a repaint.  It could be the SAGA hang-glider ewok (the coloring is similar), or perhaps a repaint of one of the two new ewoks for this year.

The Wicket in this set looks a little strange.  At least from a paint standpoint.  But it still looks like the POTF2 sculpt.

I'm thinking that the Chewie in the set is either the ROTS Chewbacca or the Cloud City escape figure.  Hopefully the Han Solo is the VTSC version minus the trenchcoat.  That's actually a nice figure.

As for the Imperials?  An AT-ST, 2 x speeder bikes, AT-ST Driver, 2 x Biker Scouts and a Stormtrooper?  We're getting some decent value even if these are mostly repacks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 04:15 PM »
I'm just getting a little bit of a suspiscion that it might be a repaint.  It could be the SAGA hang-glider ewok (the coloring is similar), or perhaps a repaint of one of the two new ewoks for this year.

I think it's safe to say that the only new tooling you'll find in this set is the fabulous log.  How often can we say that on a Star Wars board?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 04:17 PM »
If anyone wants to sell me just the ewok, and maybe the rolling log - let me know. :)

If I pick this up, both logs are yours.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 04:17 PM »
If I didn't have all this stuff already, I'd probably be stoked.

But I just do not need this.

CHEWIE's right, this is a nice christmas gift for kids.  I'll pick this up for my friend's 8 year old.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 04:18 PM »
I think it's safe to say that the only new tooling you'll find in this set is the fabulous log.  How often can we say that on a Star Wars board?

It is quite a splendid log, isn't it? ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 04:20 PM »
I'm going to hold out and hope they re-release it in the Saga Legends line in 2009.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 04:22 PM »
I'm going to hold out and hope they re-release it in the Saga Legends line in 2009.

If the Rocky line can release a single carded slab of meat, Star Wars can release a log.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2007, 04:28 PM »

Star Wars can release a log.

Someone else can have the honors.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2007, 04:35 PM »

That'd rock. Thanks.   8)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2007, 04:36 PM »
If the Rocky line can release a single carded slab of meat, Star Wars can release a log.

If I can release 2 or 3 logs a day, Hasbro can release 1.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2007, 04:57 PM »

That'd rock. Thanks.   8)

I'll let you know either way after I see one in person... I should know right off the bat if I'm interested or not in getting one.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2007, 05:08 PM »
Indeed.  These things are generally very hit or miss - for me they're usually very miss.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Endor Battle Pack
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2007, 05:52 PM »
The Ewoks are appealing but what's with the use of the AT-ST again?  That tooling (along with the speeder bike) really have seen better days and now it's in two Battle Packs at the same time.

I really don't see the collector or parent plunking down the cash for both...

What, really?   I'm all over this action.   Might even get 2 of each.   If it is indeed $50 for...
- Scout Troopers x 2 ($14 retail)
- Stormtrooper ($7 retail)
- Han Solo ($7 retail)
- Chewbacca ($7 retail)
- Ewok repaints x 2 (let's split the difference and say $8.50 retail)
- AT-ST ($20 retail)
- Speederbike x 2 (let's go with $15 retail for the pair)
- Log action (two bucks?)

I'd buy the AT-ST, ewoks, and "grassy" troopers anyway.  I figure those are worth at least $40 right there.  I could take or leave Chewie, but a coatless Endor Han... OK, sounds good.   Even if I were to chuck Han and Chewie into a wood chipper I feel like I'm getting my money's worth, as the DO WANT stuff is close enough to the asking price that the DO NOT WANT stuff is inconsequential. 

I paid $25 for a black Scout Trooper with a black bike.  Obviously, I am not too smart.  However, $50 for two troopers, two bikes, and other stuff?  Good other stuff I actually want?  YES PLEASE.  I hope they do more with this concept going forward and include slightly more new stuff.   Not that I expect my Endor Dream Box with Sanyassan Marauders, Duloks, blurrgs, baga/bordok/whatever, Wilford Brimley, and so forth to happen... but I am nothing if not stupidly hopeful.

Seriously though, it's better than I'd expect for the price.   It's roughly $80 worth of product in a $50 box, and some of that product is pretty gosh darn enticing.   Plus... EWOK REPAINTS.   Finally.   (And no I'm not being facetious.)   The only way this thing could be better is if they included a third log and some sort of platform to make a makeshift Ewok Village out of it.

Here's hoping just enough people are turned off by this so I can easily get one of my own, and by one, I mean two.  (And by two, I mean like seven on clearance if it goes that far.  At which point I'll probably trade away the AT-STs...)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News