Author Topic: Jedi Raid on the Droid Control Ship scene  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Jedi Raid on the Droid Control Ship scene
« on: June 11, 2003, 08:33 PM »

So who's forked over the money for the Hyperspace site and seen this deleted scene over there?  What'd you think of it?

I at least appreciate the official explanation (and acknowledgement) they've given as to why this scene wasn't on the DVD as had been rumored and greatly anticipated:

When Episode II was about to arrive on DVD, the Internet buzzed with rumors and discussion as to what deleted material was going to resurface. One heavily reported false rumor "confirmed" that the raid on the Droid Control Ship would indeed make the cut. As it appeared in the shooting script, the scene involved Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon leading an attack on a Droid Control Ship in order to disable the battle droid forces overwhelming the Jedi in the Geonosian execution arena. The raiding party makes its way to the bridge of the Trade Federation craft, and shuts down the droids, only to discover that their efforts were in vain.

When the eight scenes included on the DVD were announced, there was some disappointment and confusion as to why this much talked about sequence was left off. "It added another story to be intercut with what already was becoming too complicated and time consuming for the climax of the movie," explained editor Ben Burtt. "Including the sequence also meant time needed to set it up and resolve it while the arena battle and the Clone War land battle proceeded simultaneously."

You can check out their full write up on the scene right here.  So is it worth tacking $10 onto my Fan Club membership and checking the clip out?   :-\

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Raid on the Droid Control Ship scene
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 09:03 PM »
"It added another story to be intercut with what already was becoming too complicated and time consuming for the climax of the movie," explained editor Ben Burtt. "Including the sequence also meant time needed to set it up and resolve it while the arena battle and the Clone War land battle proceeded simultaneously."
They still could of put it in on the DVD deleted scenes from what is being said I feel.  This reason above only shows why they didn't inculde it to the final film.  I still wish it was inculded so that we wouldn't have to pay another $10 to a Lucas company.  But thats just my 2 cents.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 10:27 PM »
Too bad, it would have been cool.  Especially since Aayla Secura was with them.  She could have used some more character development.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 12:22 PM »
I would not plunk down $10 a month for this.  It's a  bit interesting to see it and it would have been nice on the DVD.  However, I will wait for it to either come out on DVD in a future rerelease of AOTC or whatever.  If it never comes out then fine.   I like deleted scenes and info but in the end paying for it each month would tick me off.  

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 02:01 PM »
It'll be on Kaaza in no time,  :-*.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 02:44 PM »
They didn't include this on the DVD's cut scenes, but that god-awful dinner table scene with Padme's family was yippy-freakin-skippy?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 02:54 PM »
This one would've required A LOT of extra CGI work to complete.  That's incredibly expensive, especially the way the scene breaks down.  The scene at Padme's family's house was much cheaper from a production standpoint to complete.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 07:50 PM »
I just  watched it (for Free) ;D and wish Lucas would of made the film longer to add this or parts of it in.  I would of like to have seen all of the jedi death scenes in the final film and show other jedi like Lumurai and her Padwana and a few others fight alot more then the stuff they were seen in the final verison.  I also feel that the final version circle of surviors having to stop because they are surronded by droids and have to wait till Yoda saves the day while the other one Spoiler
they think the droids are deactviated and stop fighting only to have the droids come back online and circle the jedi after another hard fight.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 09:06 PM »
They should have left that scene in the original movie, and not just be an "uncut" version on the DVD.  I hate when Lucas just deletes scenes at free will, when this should have DEFINITELY been left in the original movie.
dustrho

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 06:58 AM »
soo many missed chances