Author Topic: New regular group project and web site news  (Read 8149 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: New regular group project and web site news
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 10:33 AM »
I'm glad there is some interest in this idea - also, I saw the idea of making a large scale Sandcrawler - pretty cool idea, but I agree with what a couple people at JD said, in that it is probably too big/detailed of a project to be able to pull off.

Also, here's another idea - how about a Jawa settlement, with a few moisture farmers visiting to trade goods?  If people wanted to, a small Imperial detachment could be present "looking for two certain droids." 

It wouldn't need a large scale sandcrawler at it, but could be more of a fan fiction idea.

Basically here's my thinking -

- large base area (sand or something similar)

- mountain/cliffs backdrop

- Jawa dwellings (small homes, shops, etc)

- droid/vehicle junkyard (area they dump parts they pick up from wrecked ships that won't fit in their sandcrawlers)

- custom sandcrawler-esque vehicle (something smaller than a scale sandcrawler - fan fiction design kind of like the ones seen in KOTOR)

That's just an idea.  I am happy there is some interest to help me make some Dantooine buildings for a photonovel, but if you want to get the ball rolling on something soon, I have to admit I am many months away from being able to commit to anything for a photonovel, because I have at least 4-5 chapters before I can get to a Dantooine scene.  Maybe even longer... not sure yet.  I'd hate to disappoint everyone if my timing was later than expected.

Thanks,

Justin

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 03:25 AM »
if scale and difficulty is a problem , one could always use a backdrop for sand crawler

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 03:28 AM »
Of coarse sand crawler is not vital