Author Topic: HUGE ride for my Jawas!**UPDATE**12/29/07  (Read 38269 times)

Offline DARKLORD

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: HUGE ride for my Jawas!**UPDATE**12/29/07
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2007, 03:19 PM »
Any idea on how it was made??

The basic body shape of the Sandcrawler's flat panels was assembled in wood and hardboard.  A thinner styrene plastic "skin" (with all the scribed surface panel details) is glued on top of that.

What does kit bashed mean anyways.
[/quote]

Wow. That's certainly unusual... someone posting to the Customs forum that does NOT know what the term "kit-bashed" means. I'm not saying that to attack you. It's just an observation.

Anyhow, "kit-bashing" is a term that means to add detailing to the basic shape of a model by taking interesting parts and shapes off of existing model kit parts or even everyday household items.

It was a technique used widely by the ILM modelmakers back in 1975 and 1976 while building the models for STAR WARS.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2007, 06:10 PM »
Ok that's what I though, It's just that all the pieces on the sandcrawler look so original. Also the word kit bashe gets thrown aroun a lot.

kool

Offline DARKLORD

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2007, 07:25 PM »
Ok that's what I though, It's just that all the pieces on the sandcrawler look so original. Also the word kit bashe gets thrown aroun a lot.

kool

You're right.  The term "kit-bashing" does get thrown around a lot and the meaning is getting dilluted.

I've even seen it used to refer to Hasbro action figures that are made up of body parts from previously made figures.

Thanks for the props, good buddy!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2007, 01:35 AM »
That looks so sweet.  If I lived closer to NYC, I'd definitely be over there to help you fill up that Sandcrawler!!

Your photography really does that thing justice.  I can see why you are so proud to own it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Pretty amazing detail. Thanks for posting the extra pictures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2007, 10:45 AM »