Author Topic: Peg Compulsion  (Read 8885 times)

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
Peg Compulsion
« on: August 27, 2007, 07:58 PM »
  I started a thread over at RS as well, do you ever find yourself re-pegging figures that were on the shelves or ground when you go hunting?  I don't do this all the time, but a lot of times I end up doing it out of boredom,tidyness, reflex -whatever you want to call it. 
Stock people - you can thank me now!
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Peg Compulsion
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 08:01 PM »
I have an odd habit of doing this as well. I like to cram as many figures as I can on a single peg, as to make it appear as if there are less figures.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 09:10 PM »
That's funny!  Sometimes I'll put the newer, more desirable figures in the front of the pegs to attract the quick passersby to buy something.  It's fun to pretend to be a toy aisle employee  :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 09:12 PM »
I do this a lot. I want the SW aisle to look good. Cleaner aisles are known to sell better. If a kid/parent/collector does not have to muddle through a mess to find something, they are more likely to buy. This usually only takes me a minute or two. Sure someone else (employee) could do it, but I'm not going to go tell them.

We collectors have a bad enough rap as it is. I'm not going to go tell someone their store looks messy. I just do a quick fix for the pegs and am happy enough knowing I did a small part to help the cause.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 09:24 PM »
Work in a store for a while and trust me you wont do it anymore. If i drop it i re-peg it just for respect because i remember what it feels like to have people not re-peg.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 10:04 PM »
if i drop i always re-peg, as annoying as those dangling j-hookers are --Lol!!
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 01:47 AM »
I admit I do this same crap...  I've even gone as far as to separate the Saga figures from the 30th Anniversary figures just to kind of clearly show that there are TWO separate lines.  I've also been known to separate Legends out onto a peg from the basic line. 

I gotta think the Star Wars section is the only clean one in any given store since I doubt many people care as much in other toy lines...  I know the Hot Wheels are always a mess, as are some other lines that have "chase" items in them.  Star Wars gets that way fast too these days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 01:55 AM »
the several creppy things I do....

Especially at Target..
- I like to compile all the pegs with 1-3 figures onto just a few pegs, making them full and leaving 5 open pegs. I do this before I ask the employee for cases in the back. When they say there's none, I tell them the pegs look thin(because they always say they cannot stock unless there's room on the pegs). When they see the pegs sometimes it works and it gets them to draw a case out of the back- it's worked enough times for me to keep trying it. Works especially great if you have a store that still has buttons on the floor mounted scanners-if you punch in the DCPI verifying quantities in the stock room and then coupled with peg quantity reconfiguration you have all their anti-lies at the ready!

At Walmart..
- I reconfigure the figures on the pegs to create 'room' when I notice cases on the pallets, then I ask a toy person for help stocking cases. If they help me fine, I offer to help stock 'em. If not I get the cases anyway ;).

A rare trick I tried and it worked a couple times...at any retailer I get sick of seeing the pegwarmers. So what I do is I place them all on their own pegs then call a clerk for help, complaining that 'these are the only ones you have?', ' I already have them' Do you have any more to stock?' Like I said, sometimes that method got me a case too.

Sometimes of course I get bored and just rearrange all the figs on respective pegs to see who the real pegwarmers are ::)

DS

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 06:57 AM »
I've taken things one step further than Jesse in that I give each figure its own peg.  Given that nearly every retailer in my area has multiples of the same figures, it's rather easy to separate, say, all 20 30AC Darth Vaders onto two pegs at TRU, and have a lot of empty space that the employees will hopefully stock.  Of course, it hardly ever works out that way and the employees just redistribute the Vaders while pushing those little rubber things on the pegs forward to fill the dead space behind them, but hey, it gives me something to do when I go in these places. :)

Also, as DS says, doing this also gives you an idea of just who the pegwarmers really are out there.  The current winner at TRU is the aforementioned Darth Vader, while Wal-Mart is still sitting on double-digits of the Jerjerrod and Endor Threepio from last year.  Target's current "winners" are Mace Windu and Jerjerrod while K-Mart has had the same dusty Throne Room Duel Vader from last year for the last six months with nothing else (I am not kidding).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 08:53 AM »
I do this as well, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I'll repeg anything that has fallen on the shelves (or floor) below, and if the pegs aren't packed full, I'll also sometimes rearrange the figures and give each one its own peg (all the Mace Windus on one peg, all the Vaders on one peg, etc.)  It depends how long I'm going to be in the store I guess.  Actually, I try to do this in general in stores.  I can't believe how many people will drop/knock something on the floor - a box of cereal for example - and then everyone else just walks by it all day long, runs it over with their carts or step on it, etc.  What does it take to pick it up and set it on the shelf?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I have one to top 'em all. During ROTS with the glut of figures, I'd start pegging them in numerical order.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 09:20 AM »
I've even gone as far as to separate the Saga figures from the 30th Anniversary figures just to kind of clearly show that there are TWO separate lines.  I've also been known to separate Legends out onto a peg from the basic line.

I just did this last weekend at Target.  The Legends pegs were overflowing and the 30AC only had about a dozen figures on them after I got done.  I went in the next day and the nice employees put the Legends figures back on the 30AC pegs so that all the pegs had the same number of figures... How thoughtful of them.  This doesn't surprise me though as they haven't had any new cases of 30AC figures in the last month.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 09:36 AM »
I've taken things one step further than Jesse in that I give each figure its own peg. 

I've done this several times as well. I got in trouble once at a TRU for doing this. The manager gave me a hard time for doign it and asked why I did it. I told him that it would make it easier for everyone to find the figures they wanted instead of having to pick through every figure on the pegs, potentially damaging cards. (I'm not a card collector mind you, but I am respectful enough of those who are) Well anyway, the manager said they have people to put stuff out and not to do this again. Ridiculous...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I have one to top 'em all. During ROTS with the glut of figures, I'd start pegging them in numerical order.

Yeah, okay you're a loon, heh heh. I haven't gone that far. Hmm, maybe something to shoot for though, ha ha.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 06:17 PM »
I do to. Sometimes, I hide the pegwarmers throughout the store.  :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m