Author Topic: Tonka?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Tonka?
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:47 PM »
I wanted to buy my 3 year old some Tonka Trucks for his birthday next month, so I wandered down the truck isle in TRU today.  I was surprised that the classic metal Tonkas were no longer available.  They now have two main lines, niether of them did anything for me.  One line was plastic and cartoony looking.  The others looked real, however they had remote controls and seemed a little sophisticated for the recommended 3 years of age.

Anyone know of any sturdy, large, non-electronic Tonka types toys?  Any help would be great.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Tonka?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:40 AM »
Forget Tonka, you should go with this steel monster:

John Deere Big Scoop

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 09:27 AM »
My 2 and 3 year olds have the Tonka Toughest Mighty trucks and they love them.  I try to steer away from the motorized ones for them, but they really love the other ones.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:56 AM »
They can still sell 5 lb metal trucks to club other kids with, but all of my SW guns need to be made out of bendy silly puddy?  harumpf!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 12:03 AM »
Search for Diecast Catterpillar, and other construction vehicles. I know most of those companies, have their own line. I know for a fact John Deere does, because my grandpa owned a JD store.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 07:30 AM »
It's hit or miss with the Tonka metal trucks/construction vehicles.  Sometimes we'll run across them at TRU, Target or WM.  A few months ago they came in a 2 pack for around $19.00.  Good luck!
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(