Author Topic: What Sci-Fi Channel Show an I thinking of?  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
What Sci-Fi Channel Show an I thinking of?
« on: June 12, 2003, 01:54 AM »
I really need help figuring out what show I'm thinking of -

A few years back, before my cable got fixed, I turned on the static-filled Sci-Fi channel and I caught the ending of a show where there seemed to be a war going on between man and an alien species.

There was a squad of troopers and they seemed to be pinned down in this facility, from what I remember this enemy of theirs would periodically drop these Migrane bombs or something and give the troopers a realllyy hard time.

I don't know what this could be - a TV version of Starship Troopers, an airing of the movie Starship Troopers (I've never seen the movie), Battlestar Galactica, or something else.

Any help is really appreciated!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2003, 01:55 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: What Sci-Fi Channel Show an I thinking of?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 02:58 AM »
Starship troopers fight giant bugs, if I am not mistaken...  At least they do in the film.  Could've been that Stargate series, Babylon 5, a Star Trek series like DS9 reruns (Though I don't recall migraine bombs on that series which I watched religiously), Battlestar Galactica...

I don't know anything about the starship troopers series though, and if it was a thing like the movie.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 09:58 AM »
Sounds like the movie Starship Troopers to me. There was a scene where the troopers are pinned down in a complex towards the end. The bugs were just crawling all over the place to get inside. The Plasma Bug shot Plasma from its head. I think it was the Tanker Bugs that shot some kind of Rock/Dirt from its rear. Hopper Bugs, well they were just plain nasty.  :o
Take note that this is not a movie for children.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 12:41 PM »
I'm going to buy that movie just for the hell of it. I do remember seeing parts of the ROUGHNECK's, a Starship Troopers animated series... That show was really cool, and unfortunately the DVD's are almost unobtainable.  :'(

I'm still hoping some Sci-Fi genius can come on in and let me know what show that was.