Author Topic: TAC Jedi Luke mods [1]  (Read 6529 times)

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
TAC Jedi Luke mods [1]
« on: July 1, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Mods to the new Vintage bespin Luke

I added the head from the OTC Dagobah Luke. I added a little Kneadatite to the ball joint so the head wouldn't be loose. This is my favorite Luke in this scale now.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:15 PM by Lestat »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Bespin Luke mods
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Not a bad idea at all.  Maybe try swapping out the hands too for a more pale color, to better match his skin?

:P

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:30 PM »
I did the same thing.  By the way, another minor thing to improve the figure is to tilt the belt down on the side it's strapped, including bringing the strap much closer to the knee.  It looks more natural that way, as if it has weight.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:58 AM »
I've been thinking of some Dagobah Training Luke improvements actually...  Leg swapping at the very least, but wth VOTC Luke's arms and VTAC Luke's legs, I think there's quite a healthy number of parts for a super poseable Luke for Dagobah workouts.

Dye a Bespin Han (Leia Collection) coat the right tan color and you could even give him a jacket he can sit and sulk in.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:36 PM »
I've been thinking of some Dagobah Training Luke improvements actually...  Leg swapping at the very least, but wth VOTC Luke's arms and VTAC Luke's legs, I think there's quite a healthy number of parts for a super poseable Luke for Dagobah workouts.

Dye a Bespin Han (Leia Collection) coat the right tan color and you could even give him a jacket he can sit and sulk in.

:-X stole my idea, just haven't wanted to spend the $10 + to make that kind of custom.  I'll PN you later to see what if any suggestions we might be able to come up with.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Chewie- I thought about swapping out the hands but I just need to find some that match the skin tone. right now though I'm satisfied because he has so little skin exposed.

Jesse James- That is an idea I was rolling around in my head as well. I just need  to find another Bespin luke on sale.

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Skywalker: Dark Empire [pg 1]
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 06:42 PM »
Here is my Supreme Commander Skywalker/ Jedi Master Skywalker from Dark Empire:

The body is just the death star trooper with the cloak from the old Dark Empire Luke.
The head is from the DS2 Luke I made last year. It was made by cutting off the face from the OTC Jedi Luke and attaching it to a shaved down Evolutions Anakin. Then I resculpted the hair. The inspiration for this custom came from an offhand comment LordCable made about the original that his hair looked like EU Luke.

Like father like son...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 11:24 PM »
I like the idea of cutting the face off and putting it on a evo Anakin head. That makes for a very unqiue look. Good choice of parts too.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Very effective. The head came out perfect, I was trying to figure out which one it was until I read how ou did it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: TAC Jedi Luke mods [1]
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Here are some mods to the TAC Jedi Luke. I tried to combine the best of the Saga Luke and the TAC luke. I realized after I posted the original pics that his arms sat way too far out from his body. Fortunately I happen to be crazy and have two of both of the figures I used so I made another. He  has some greenstuff on his sleeve in the WIP picture because I got a little dremel crazy. I'll probably either sell the first one or just slap the endor poncho on him and call it a day. I tried to combine the best of both figures:

I basically used the torso and legs from the Saga Jedi luke and the head and arms from the 30th Ann. Luke. I only lost articulation at the ankles. Otherwise he retains all of POA of the original. Here is a pic of the V.2 WIP next to the "prototype". (My V.1  is wearing the "endor dunce cap")

Attaching the arms wasn't easy. It's kind of hard to explain but I basically dremelled around the peg where the arm attaches so that there was a donut of plastic still surrounding the peg. Then I hollowed out the arm holes of Saga Luke, inserted the arm pieces and filled in any gaps w/ kneadatite. For the head I just chopped it off of 30th Ann Luke where the neck meets the torso and glued it onto Saga Luke's body.
Here he is all finished:

I tried to touch up his blaster damaged hand with mediocre results...