Author Topic: Beedo Sookcool's 10th Anniversary Giveaway!  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Beedo

• Youngling
  • Ch'es boku tuuta *ris ta tlenko nya koska!
    • View Profile
    • Beedo Sookcool's Cool Sci-Fi Page
Beedo Sookcool's 10th Anniversary Giveaway!
« on: September 8, 2007, 03:27 PM »

Greetings, gang!  I sent this press release to all the Star Wars news sites I could find over a week ago (including this one), and so far, only one has actually posted it in its news section.  I fear that all the others had it shunted into their Spam Bins.  So now I'm posting this in the forums to which I belong.  All two of them.  If anyone would like to spread the news of this contest farther afield, to other forums, please be my guest.  Anywho, here's the official bumf:

Amazing!  Astounding!  Adjective!  Beedo Sookcool’s Cool Sci-Fi Page is celebrating its tenth birthday this September!  To mark this special anniversary, Beedo himself is giving away prizes!  For full details on rules and prizes, click on over to Beedo Sookcool’s Cool Sci-Fi Page!

"...cross me, and you'll soon discover that under this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."

-Lord Edmund Blackadder II

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: Beedo Sookcool's 10th Anniversary Giveaway!
« Reply #1 on: September 8, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Greetings, gang!  I spammed this obnoxious solicitation to all the Star Wars news sites I could molest over a week ago (including this one), and so far, only one was desperate enough to post it in its news section.  I fear that all the others had it shunted into their Spam Bins.  So now I'm slathering about this in the forums to which I belong.  All two of them.  If anyone would like to spread the news of this contest to shut ins and mental institutions, to other uninterested parties who could give a **** less, please be my guest.  Anywho, here's the official bum wad:

Yawn!  Snoozer!  My site has a stupid name!  Beedo Sookcool’s Cool Sci-Fi Page is celebrating its tenth birthday of geocities mediocrity this September!  To mark this lame ass anniversary, Beedo himself writes in the third person and is giving away his toys!  For full details on rules and prizes, click on over to Beedo Sookcool’s unCool Sci-Fi Wank Fest Page!
« Last Edit: September 8, 2007, 04:33 PM by Deanpaul »
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: September 8, 2007, 05:51 PM »
Hey Nigel!  Long time no see, mate!  Good to see you're still alive out there somewhere.  Miss seeing you around like the old days...

Ignore Dp there.  He's just one of our resident sourpusses.  Good luck with your contest.  Stop by and say 'hey' a bit more often, eh?  8)

- M
« Last Edit: September 8, 2007, 06:31 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Beedo

• Youngling
  • Ch'es boku tuuta *ris ta tlenko nya koska!
    • View Profile
    • Beedo Sookcool's Cool Sci-Fi Page
« Reply #3 on: September 8, 2007, 05:55 PM »

Enh, I hardly have the time or inclination to go online anymore these days.  If it ain't one thing, it's another, y'know?  Anywho, thank 'e for the encouragement, and take it easy, mate.
"...cross me, and you'll soon discover that under this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."

-Lord Edmund Blackadder II

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #4 on: September 8, 2007, 05:57 PM »
Hear hear, JediMac!  To all out there who have any doubts about the integrity of either Beedo or his contest, I have known Beedo personally for several years, and I know for a fact that:

(a) he really, truly is giving away free stuff (and GOOD free stuff too -- among which are several exclusive figures, including the McQuarrie Droids);
(b) no purchase of any sort is necessary (and thus what he is doing is NOT spamming).  All you have to do, and I mean all you have to do, is send him an e-mail;
(c) the prizes he is giving away are not "his" toys -- he bought them (and customized them) all solely for the purposes of this contest;
(d) he will not pass on anyone's e-mail address to spammers, marketing companies, etc., nor has he any interest whatsoever in doing so.

To sum up:  He really is just raffling off free stuff.  That's all there is to it.

If anyone out there does not like Beedo or his site for any reason (and it's worth bearing in mind lots of folks can't afford anything fancier than Geocities), then -- simple!  Just roll your eyes, ignore his post, and don't enter the contest.  As with any forum topic, trolling and flaming is simply uncalled for.

... the Findswoman

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 9, 2007, 03:38 AM »
As with any forum topic, trolling and flaming is simply uncalled for.

Well said.  How about we leave the administrative duties to the staff.