Author Topic: Selling Part of My Collection, Need Advice  (Read 1595 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Selling Part of My Collection, Need Advice
« on: June 16, 2003, 12:13 AM »
I think most of you know I collect two of each of a lot of stuff. I've decided I no longer have the desire or space to continue collecting two each of as much as I do, and Im cutting down to strictly figures. As such, I am considering selling my MIMB collection of vehicles, and would like advice on a fair asking price for the lot, there are a couple of POTJ items in here, but its mostly Saga and I didnt think there was a need for two posts asking the same question. Here are the items (everything MIMB unless noted), everything is also dusty, but not to the point of damaging the products and can be easily wiped off:
Saga TIE Bomber
Saga Dagobah XWing w/ R2
Saga Landspeeder w/ Luke
Saga Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi Wan
POTJ Snowspeeder
POTJ TIE Bomber (minor surface scratches, just less than M)
POTJ ATST/Speederbike (this is slightly less than NM condition)

And since the Action Fleet forum doesnt get a lot of action (pun definately intended ;) ) Ill go ahead and ask about some of my Action Fleet collection as well:

Once again, all MIMB unless otherwise noted:
TIE Advanced
XWing
Millenium Falcon
Solar Sailer
Naboo Starfighter
ATTE
ATAT
Snowspeeder
Republic Gunship
Republic Assault Ship
Jango Fett's Slave 1
Imperial Endor Pursuit (Target exclusive)
Dune Sea Ambush (Target exclusive)
Mos Eisley Encounter (Target exclusive)
Tatooine Droid Hunter (Target exclusive)

I've pretty much lost the desire and space to collect two of each of these, so I was wondering what you thought a fair asking price for the lot would be?

Also have Galoob boxed:
XWing
YWing
Sandcrawler
ATAT
TIE Interceptor
Shuttle Tyderium
Slave 1
ATST/Landspeeder KB Two Pack
Classic Duels XWing/TIE Fighter
Classic Duels Millenium Falcon/TIE Interceptor

Same deal, fair price for the lot?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Part of My Collection, Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 09:53 AM »
That's a hard call.  I would split things up instead of selling them in lots, more people would probaby be interested.  At least I know I couldn't afford to buy that stuff in bulk!  Just a few items here and there.  Good luck.

:P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Part of My Collection, Need Advice
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 12:10 PM »
Fair?  What is this fair you speak of?  

Seriously, I'm inclined to agree with Chewie, splitting them up will likely net you better results.  It will take longer to get rid of them, no doubt.  

As far as fair goes, what you paid for them is fair.  I've never understood why people expect to pay less later (or for loose, for that matter - not talking vintage stuff).  

Your cost plus taxes plus the buyer covers the shipping costs.  That seems fair to me.  Anybody that thinks you should take a loss is not anybody I'd want to deal with.

If you want to make some money, some of that should fetch over retail on ebay, but that's not for me to decide.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.