Author Topic: SWShop Concept General Grievous  (Read 14582 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: SWShop Concept General Grievous
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Well I've got waaaaaaay too much money as it is - so sign me up for a few of these.

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 12:59 PM »
What's strange to think is that I got my V-Wing at Target for $17.99.  A price around there is a bargain... for a vehicle.

I think they're taking advantage of folks like me who are trying to get all the concept figures or all of the coins.  The exclusives have already been pricey this year, but now $17 + shipping for one figure?  And it's just Grievous, at that?  What really blows my mind is that I've seen people express happiness that it's just $17 instead of $20, as though it's some great savings.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 02:09 PM »
I ordered mine. Expensive but i need the coin.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 03:25 PM »
Consider this - for just a few dollars more you could get three more figures and two comics.

How ****** up is that?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 03:58 PM »
OT Concepts= Awesome.

PT Concepts= Blah.

Pass. Way too expensive anyway.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I got shipping conformation already this morning.  :o
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 09:56 AM »
I'm considering getting him...the price is just insane, though, if it weren't for that I'd have already bought him.  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 04:10 PM »
Well I've got waaaaaaay too much money as it is - so sign me up for a few of these.
I'm considering getting him...the price is just insane, though, if it weren't for that I'd have already bought him.  :'(

Maybe Rob could buy you one since he's got too much money lying around.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 04:23 PM »
I like the figure, but hate the price obviously...  I need the coin/figure to be complete, so I'll put an order in I guess.  Sucks that the supposed "Fan store" dicks over the fans so much though.

I think that's the real gripe about anything fan-involved with this hobby...  The Fan Club, the Fan Club Store, Hypersnatch...  Whatever it is, it seems like it's usually a rip in terms of value.  It's a shame LFL is everything Lucas claims he hated.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Like Jesse (and others), I like the figure - and I'd like the coin to stay somewhat complete there, but I haven't pulled the trigger quite yet.  The price just seems steep to me too.  It isn't like we haven't seen it before (and this year), but I guess the spending has been heavy enough lately where a $17 EU Grievous doesn't sound that spiffy to me right now.  Now, if it was an OT character (McQuarrie) I'd be all over it - but as it stands, I'm on the fence with this one right now.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 09:26 PM »
I felt bad enough paying $20 for the McJedi 2 pack.  I just can't bring myself to pay it again for Grievous.  I gave up on getting all the coins to.  That gold coin crap ended that for me. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 01:48 PM »
I vowed to buy every McQuarrie figure because they're so damn cool, but I draw the line here. If it were OT, I'd pick it up but at this point it doesn't fit in with the rest of the McFigures. Besides, I bet it gets rereleased when Hasbro starts the PT McQuarrie line.

In short: **** SWS.com and their ridiculous pricing.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 01:54 PM »
In short: **** SWS.com and their ridiculous pricing.

Yeah, it looks like more people are coming around to see this point of view.  Unfortunately, this should have started with Target and their $12.99 basic figure exclusives during EIII, because that was a major stepping stone to getting to this point where SWS.com is charging $16.99 for a figure.

I wish I saw this kind of outrage back then because we probably would have never gotten to this point if we all left that **** on the pegs where it belonged.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 01:55 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 02:05 PM »
I completely agree, Dressel. Had I known that those $13 figures would lead to $7-8 basic figures (with less articulation/accessories) and $20 exclusive figures then I wouldn't have gone crazy for them back in 05. And now that I'm in college with little money to spend on anything other than food, I have to be very selective of what I buy. If this were $10, maybe even $15 I'd consider it. But this kind of price for one figure... it ain't happening.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I hate dealing with starwarsshop.com they are impossible to contact and take days to get back to you. I even got charged for stuff I canceled on my credit car had to fight it out. so it always pains me to have any dealings with them. I bought 2 at the ridiculous price sometimes, make that most of the time I hate exclusives.

While I have no problem with concept prequel stuff I feel he did not deserve the McQuarrie package style. But that just my opinion. Hu did not earn that kind of status yet. Anyone else agree in some regard?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/